IGNORED

Daft Punk split after 28 years

Adamovich

Thought I'd share some shockingly horrendous photos taken on my old candybar phone of the Alive tour (Brisbane, Riverstage- 20 Dec 2007).

At this particular show during the Encore performance a guy jumped up on stage and managed to get in behind Daft Punk on the fucking pyramid!!! Promptly pulled off by security! Legend.

11.jpg

18.jpg

20.jpg

16.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by Kid Lukie
storytime
  • Like 4

Asked if Daft Punk were no more, their longtime publicist Kathryn Frazier confirmed the news to Pitchfork but gave no reason for the breakup.

Didn’t she watch the video? The reason for the breakup was pretty obvious, motherfucker blew himself up. 

• Farnsworth 1

14 hours ago, iococoi said:

C. Homem, C.G. Homen, Christo, Christo Guy Manuel, De Homem Christo, Guillaume Emmanuel Paul, de Homem-Christo, De Homen - Chiristoi, De Homen - Christo, De Homen - Christoi, De Homen Christo, Dehomem-Christo, G De Homem-Cristo, G M Homen Christo, G M. De Mohem-Christo, G-M de Homem-Christo, G-M De Homem Christo, G-M De Homem-Christo, G-M. de Homem-Christo, G:M: de Homem/Christo, G. Christo, G. De Homem-Christo, G. De Homen-Christo, G. E. P. de Homem-Christo, G. Homem Christo, G. Homen-Christo, G. M. De Homem Christo, G. M. De Homem Cristo, G. M. De Homem-Christo, G. M. De Homen - Christo, G. Manuel, G. Manuel De Homem Christo, G. Manuel de Homem-Christo, G.-M. De Homem-Christo, G.E.P. de Hormem-Christo, G.M De Homem-Christo, G.M. de Homem, G.M. de Homem - Christo, G.M. de Homem Christo, G.M. de Homem-Christo, G.M. DeHomem-Christo, G.M. DeHomen-Christo, G.M.De Homem-Christo, G.M.De Homen/Christo, G.Mauel De Homm, GM De Homem Christo, GM de Homem-Christo, GM deHomem-Christo, GM. de Homem-Christo, GM.De Homem-Christo, GMDHC, Guillaume Emmanuel de Homem-Christo, Guillaume Emmanuel Paul de Homem Christo, Guillaume Emmanuel Paul de Homem-Christo, Guillaume Homem, Guillaume Homem Christo, Guillaume Homen Christo, Guy Christo, Guy Maneul De Hmem, Guy Manuel de Hemem Christo, Guy Manuel De Hemen Christo, Guy Manuel de Homem Christo, Guy Manuel de Homem-Christo, Guy Manuel De Homem-Cristo, Guy Manuel De Homen Christo, Guy Manuel De Homen-Christo, Guy Manuel de Homen-Cristo, Guy Manuel Di Homem-Cristo, Guy Manuel Homem Christ, Guy Manuel Homem Christo, Guy Manuel Homen-Cristo, Guy-Manuel, Guy-Manuel de Hom, Guy-Manuel de Homem Christo, Guy-Manuel De Homem-Christo, Guy-Manuel de Homen-Christo, Guy-Manuel De Hormem-Christo, Guy-Manuel De-Homem Christo, Guy-Manuel Homem Christo, Guy-Manuel-Homem-Christo, Guyman, Guymanuel de Homem Cristo, H.Christo, G Emmanuel, Homem Christo, Homem-Christo, Homen-Christo

and

Angalter, Balgalter, Bangalter, Bangalter, Thomas, Draft Ponk, T, Bangalter, T,Bangalter, T. Banalter, T. Bangalater, T. Bangalter, T. Banghalter, T. Banglater, T.A. Bangalter, T.B., T.Bangalter, T.Banglater, Th.Bangalter, Thomas, Thomas Bancalter, Thomas Bangaltar, Thomas Banghalter, Thomas Banglater, Thomas Bengalter, Tomas Bangalter

are no longer

D.P., D**T P**K, Da Funk, Da Phunk, Daff Punk, Daft P., Daft Pank, Daft Punk's, DaftPunk, Darf Punk, Datt Punk, DP, The Daft Punk, ダフト・パンク, 傻瓜庞克, 傻瓜庞克乐团, 傻瓜朋克, 傻瓜龐克

You sassy bitch

• Thanks 1

The first minute of Face To Face from Discovery has always wowed me.

Just now learned that they did that track with Todd Edwards who is a sortof American uncle to UK Garage and known for highly precise microsampling. Found this old track of his, really like the late 90s pirate vibe

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zazen said:

Just now learned that they did that track with Todd Edwards who is a sortof American uncle to UK Garage and known for highly precise microsampling. Found this old track of his, really like the late 90s pirate vibe

I always loved how they dropped Todd's remix in Arches set:

starts around 2:42

original:

They've been alright over the years. Very hit or miss for me. That "Get Lucky" song really needed to shut the fuck up that summer.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Shite and always been shite.

What's going on with watmm.

DangermauFIVE and Eric Prydz subforums next?

I'll give them Homework and Discovery. Belters from the era.  Definitely went towards the dollar as time went on, and I'm not at all a fan of anything after human after all.

I was gonna defend Prydz because he has a bunch of pseudonyms with some cool productions but I cannot remember any of them offhand so I won't.

Oh, maybe Pryda - Aftermath, which I came up to at a club once and it ripped my back teeth out

52 minutes ago, Amen Warrior said:

Shite and always been shite.

i will say that by the time discovery dropped, my tastes had gone leftfield enough that i didnt even consider them to be the same band and was pretty bummed about the whole deal. iduno though i pulled out homework yesterday and its still got it. 

a few years back i was biking and passing this guy who was playing a daft punk homework track on his bike. i said "is that daft punk?" and he said 'no i think it mu-ziq' and then he looked and verified it was daft punk.  i think theres some common roots there but for sure the later stuff is full on pop.

Just skated into say that I don't really have a strong opinion one way or another. It's ok music for me for most parts, some tracks are good. Ok punk.

• Like 1

There's something kinda offputting about a high-profile group announcing retirement/breakup. Just fucking do it without the performative declaration, for fuck's sake. It's like they want to fake their own death so they can attend their funeral or something, kick back and listen to all the eulogies. Gross. If you're going to quit something, just up and quit and don't even make a show about it--let the world figure it out that you're done. That's always an option, so the fact that they made the announcement makes it seem that they want all the sobs to fuel their fucking egos. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soloman Tump said:

I'll give them Homework and Discovery. Belters from the era.  Definitely went towards the dollar as time went on, and I'm not at all a fan of anything after human after all.

I was gonna defend Prydz because he has a bunch of pseudonyms with some cool productions but I cannot remember any of them offhand so I won't.

Oh, maybe Pryda - Aftermath, which I came up to at a club once and it ripped my back teeth out

Only techno interests me

spacer.png

• Burger 1

1 hour ago, nikisoko said:

i will say that by the time discovery dropped, my tastes had gone leftfield enough that i didnt even consider them to be the same band and was pretty bummed about the whole deal.

This about sums up my experience too. 

Also lol that for the longest time I didn't realize that "get lucky" song was by them. It was just another irritating song on the radio. Then I found out it was Daft Punk and kinda scratched my head. Just as well that I stayed out of touch.

And yeah they should've  just done what BOC did and quit without announcing it :trollface:

8 hours ago, zazen said:

I love this track too - I noticed a millisecond of a Frank Zappa song back when I first heard it and was like wtf random and cool!  It's like that Prefuse 73 song that has a millisec of an Aesop Rock beat.  I love Discovery overall - lots of nostalgia for it.