IGNORED

Cassette player recommendations

TheBro

6 minutes ago, TubularCorporation said:

A lot of the best stuff (like that Triadex Muse) was Boston and Cambridge but at least half of it was in smaller towns around New England. I didn't even get in to the stereo equipment. Finding 60s and 70s hi-fi components around Cambridge was like finding vintage computers in Austin. I've spent about a day and a half in Austin in my entire life, but apparently you used to be able to find vintage computing stuff in the Austin area all over the place.

Craziness

Edited by yekker

Yeah, that Triadex Muse still kills me, I know I bring it up probably once a month but holy shit.  $80 was a lot for me back then but I'd have done it if I was working the day he brought it in.  Came out of the trash.

I was really lucky to live in Boston for a few years before it the cost of living completely inaccessible, because universities throw out the craziest stuff, and there are something like 300 colleges and universities in the Boston area. I remember someone I knew got a free, 8 month old, top of the line Macbook from I think Harvard, because a professor got it paid for by the university, decided he hated MacOS, and left it out on a table by his office with a sign. 

I've only had two really good gear hauls since 2012 though, plus a friend of mine got that EPS Classic for free last winter after nobody was interested in buying it, and traded it for my old EHX 2880.

Edited by TubularCorporation