IGNORED

Quentin Tarantino

no part of it

45 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

yeah. obviously accuracy, realism etc.. can't whitewash the past though seems like that's a thing in america in many other ways which is a can of worms. anyway. i think in hateful eight it felt indulgent or something.. perhaps i was bored by then or the delivery wasn't on spec... or the script around its use was flatter. i'll see what happens if/when i watch it again. 

• Like 2

1. Jackie Brown (10/10)
2. Kill Bill 1
3. Reservoir Dogs 
4. Pulp Fiction
5. Kill Bill 2 
6. Inglorious Basterds 
7. OUATIH
8. Hateful 8
9. Django Unchained
10. Death Proof (7/10)

A reliable quality filmmaker, you can’t really go wrong.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 9:18 PM, ignatius said:

yeah. obviously accuracy, realism etc.. can't whitewash the past though seems like that's a thing in america in many other ways which is a can of worms. anyway. i think in hateful eight it felt indulgent or something.. perhaps i was bored by then or the delivery wasn't on spec... or the script around its use was flatter. i'll see what happens if/when i watch it again. 

I was only really annoyed by the music that wasn't period specific, although the concept of not having period-specific music is fine with me, I didn't like the choices.  Same goes for Hateful Eight.   I also didn't think QT playing a cowboy was good.  Took me out of the mythology a bit, because that dude does not look much like a cowboy no matter how you dress him.  Other than that, I think all of the movies are great, although I did dismiss them before seeing them for some years.   It's sort of advertised as cheesy, but Django Unchained was a good story, much less cheesy than the trailer for it, for what it's worth. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, no part of it said:

I was only really annoyed by the music that wasn't period specific, although the concept of not having period-specific music is fine with me, I didn't like the choices.  Same goes for Hateful Eight.   I also didn't think QT playing a cowboy was good.  Took me out of the mythology a bit, because that dude does not look much like a cowboy no matter how you dress him.  Other than that, I think all of the movies are great, although I did dismiss them before seeing them for some years.   It's sort of advertised as cheesy, but Django Unchained was a good story, much less cheesy than the trailer for it, for what it's worth. 

i didn't think that much of django the first time i saw it but 2nd time i saw it i liked it a lot and it had more depth and felt more complete. i have no memory of the trailer. also, samuel L jackson is off the charts in that movie. everyone's good in it really. some gut wrenching scenes too. it was pleasing to see jamie foxx as the bad ass gun slinger in a western where he wins the way a clint eastwood character or whoever.. would win.  kerry washington getting dragged out of the hot box is a crazy ass scene. that entire scene when they pull up to the "big house" and have that interaction is edgy. 

• Like 1

On 3/27/2021 at 10:18 PM, Stickfigger said:

was reading an article yesterday about how apparently kurt cobain was asked to be the junkie in pulp fiction and this is why he was thanked in the In Utero liner notes.

pretty sure that was just a rumor that Courtney helped amplify at some point. QT has been on record saying he never met Kurt, and the liner note thanks was apparently because Kurt was a massive fan of Reservoir Dogs. Pulp Fiction was shot in '93 when Kurt was still alive, so I'd think he would have mentioned it in some interview, if in fact he was offered the part. 

but yeah, even if not true, it certainly adds to the ethos of the film, since both Kurt/Nirvana and Pulp Fiction will forever represent '90s pop culture.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ivan Ooze said:

i just watched inglorious bastards after years, i totally forgot how good it was

yeah, loads of great performances in that one. my favourite scene is the one with fassbender's character in the french tavern, culminating in a shootout where basically everyone bites the dust except von hammersmark. the way the tension builds really is something to behold.

hollywood was ok... felt a bit aimless in places to me.

been going through the tarantino long cut of hateful 8 on netflix.. it's broken up into 6 parts. enjoying it a lot more this way. 

jennifer jason leigh is even better... everyone is really. all the dialogue has room to breath. it makes a lot more sense to me this way. 

forgot channing tatum is in this.. he's not so offensive in this. i usually find him to be misplaced on a screen if he's in something i'm watching. he actually acts in this. 

anyway.. it makes way more sense.