IGNORED

Nimajeb Tracks

This is great! Nice usage of shimmery reverb to bring depth, has that uplifting 2000's IDM vibe, a touch of Solar Fields style psybient as well. I enjoy how you play with bringing elements in and out of focus, it doesn't feel static. 

• Like 1

first one: it makes me smile whenever someone around here does a proper tune with emphasis on notation. all the synth manoveurs in the second half are surprising! i don't mean in an offputting way - it's kinda cool how you shift from oldskool vibes early on to something more technical. the percussive noise at the very end is particularly appealing to me, i'd listen to a whole track of that tbh

second one: vibe-wise this reminds me a lot of the kind of music i was making around 19/20 - I mean specifically in the emotional sense, there's a certain high energy feeling of optimism to it. a third of the way through when the steady kick comes in is really groovy. Again there's a sort of "songy" quality i don't hear that often round here, in the sense that you're moving through a lot of sections without holding on one groove for very long - but the changes are motivated more by the natural musical progression rather than production edits (if that makes sense). i rly dig the reverb on both these tracks - perhaps the only part where it seemed a bit much was in the middle of the second track when it felt kind of like it was competing with the kick for centre stage (but that might just be my headphone experience. also i don't neccesarily feel like there's a "proper" production style that should get in the way of musical exploration - perhaps that kick is supposed to be competing with the reverb!)

• Like 2

Delightful sound design and dense sequencing. I like the amount of variation, there are constantly things happening but everything sounds natural and effortless. I like it

Do you have any particular mixing tip? Sounds really clean and balanced

• Like 1

That Shanty was fantastic. Nice how you let that Shanty-sounding theme get transformed though the all the chaos.

Maybe there is a bit of Clark in there as well?

I do have one note for the chord progression though - that next-to-last chord sounds a little odd. You could try changing the F into a G, so that the chord becomes a Gmajor instead of Bdim.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, dingformung said:

Delightful sound design and dense sequencing. I like the amount of variation, there are constantly things happening but everything sounds natural and effortless. I like it

Do you have any particular mixing tip? Sounds really clean and balanced

Thanks, I kind of mix as I go. There is some form of compression (high ratio and low threshold) on almost all of the tracks and a couple very broad EQs on some of the tracks that roll off 60hz or cut some highs

1 hour ago, ArtificialDisco said:

That Shanty was fantastic. Nice how you let that Shanty-sounding theme get transformed though the all the chaos.

Maybe there is a bit of Clark in there as well?

I do have one note for the chord progression though - that next-to-last chord sounds a little odd. You could try changing the F into a G, so that the chord becomes a Gmajor instead of Bdim.

Thanks for the chord note, will experiment with moving some things around.

Appreciate the feedback guys!

• Like 2

these both sound and feel really good on first listen. wasn't expecting that mid section of Shanty but it worked well, and really enjoyed 210110(4) front to back...only thing i'd say there is some of the panning was a little much maybe? but i'm nitpicking, really liked that track, very natural flow to it and good vibes. last minute really sealed it up for me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...