IGNORED

Music by Women

Extralife

31 minutes ago, splesh said:

You call it overkill, I call it an excited response from a woman who is a big fan of free jazz (me) offering recommendations of some of her favourite musicians and taking the chance to boost the profile of some local talent. Patriarchy is still a problem. If you care about women musicians only during International Women's Day/Month, I don't know what to tell you.

nah gee don't get me wrong: it's an awesome selection, just kinda overwhelming y'know, in a good sense.

edit: and honestly the sentiment of me only caring about females (musician or otherwise) only on certain days... bit of a stretch innit?

Edited by jaderpansen

honestly i had no idea about the apparently thoroughly negative connotation of "overkill", not a native speaker. i appreciate your contribution(s) to the thread and gave the first one that blue heart thingy accordingly, never thought things could be interpreted as serious critique. apologies.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

based? don't get it... guess it's back to school for me.

anywhoo all i was trying to say is like "woah taking all this in will take me days, have mercy lol", still somewhat flabbergasted. -_-'

Apology accepted. You didn't know it had that negative connotation, so it's all good! ?

Azu Tiwaline

Mantra & Djinn

Miss Djax

EVA808

Alice Coltrane

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Jasmine Infiniti

Yasmin Williams

RAMZi

Darwin

Sister Nancy

Anoushka Shankar

Dipygus are an awesome band who are part of the current old school death metal revival whose lead singer is a woman

Karen Dalton

Bunita Marcus is a modern composer

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1