IGNORED

Alessandro Cortini - SCURO CHIARO [Mute]

New Alessandro Cortini album dropping this June on Mute. He became an insta-buy after the Forse series on Important. I need to revisit Volume Massimo, as I've tended to favour Illusion Of Time with Daniel Avery. 

Would love to hear him live again at some point.

• Like 3

On 3/11/2021 at 9:26 PM, Extralife said:

What do you all think of his Ritmo eps? I haven’t got around to listening to them yet.

Only taken a cursory listen, they are still on my list to buy. There are some nice tracks across all 4 releases. Ritmo IV sounds tonally similar to the Skarn 12", which I quite liked.

Edited by Shimon_Shimon

• 2 months later...

Album dropped today. Very good first impression, incorporates elements from the previous albums into something new, while still having familiarity. VERDE is a wicked track, nice build up to something a little noisy. Sounded like an analog synth Tim Hecker meets NIN Ghosts. 

idk how he does that but his sound design is always sooo pleasing to the ears and just extremely soothing. i imagine this is how ASMR affects most ppl (i personally can't stand ASMR, it sounds creepy and just unpleasant to me). when people talk about analogue warmth, well, this is as warm as the most comfy blanket i can imagine.

• Like 1