IGNORED

afx nft

Paul

hey there's sound! I didnt notice it at first sounds kinda interesting..

def not worth whatever is being payed tho..

edit: altough I guess some would say that things are worth what people are willing to pay for em innit, idk

Edited by MIXL2

Crypto grew in value considerably (thru a lot of people investing in it) and we got a new class of young crypto-rich people and they want to pay for art like fiat-rich people. Since they're nerds and have no art agents to think for them, they buy shit like this, believing it would be valuable for eternity now, creating an alternative art industry that is as speculative and status-signalling as the real world one (does it really matter if rich people have the artworks physically?).

So there's crypto money to suck suddenly, high-profile and cunning artists begin to suck.

Also it's a PR for crypto by those already heavily invested in it. May eventually work for everybody.

Many people are quick to judge without thinking about some of the details. For example, if I understand correctly, a percentage of all future sales of an NFT artwork are assigned as royalties to the artists in the contract. This solves some of the exploitation of a traditional secondary art market where the artist usually only benefits from the original sale and not from appreciating value over time.

• Burger 1

afx bro getting wrecked on his tweeter lol

why is everyone so pissed, i mean isn't pressing like 100000 cd's + 10000 vinyls and tshirts for a new release more damaging to the climate? ? don't hear anyone complain about that

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2

Aphex Twin wrote:

"I would spend the money on planting tons of trees and either donating to permaculture projects or setting them up myself depending on how much i got back."

How would that happening in purley practical life?  

I mean is it his own land he is referring to?

Man I knew Rich would be on this hella fast. It's right up his alley haha. Kings of Leon NFT'd an album for 6 million and it sold. This is so surreal as to almost not be believed. It feels more like a tax or wealth protection scheme available only to the ballers out there. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

so let me get this straight, people are bidding like 100000$$$ to own a digital 50second gif with a soundbit? i'm lost in the sauce here ?

Almost, you don't actually own the gif + sound clip itself, you just own some ones and zeroes pointing to a website that contains said gif + sound clip (which can still be viewed by anyone). lmao

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Where is that money going? How can that person/company proove that it will go to planting trees? 

I mean you all here on watmm can give me $100 each and I'll promise you that the money will be spent in a green and nice way of the planet earth. 

He will ofc need to take alot of shit because people getting confused.

I have read about this but the more I read about it the more confused I get really.

It is his business ofc but a more clerly instruction would not hurt init?