IGNORED

Zephyr Nova's drunken AMA

Zephyr_Nova

Do you think a lack of father figure has a hand in your messy home/car? 

Do you think a crying mysonogist could be the one to set you on the right track?

Is it just your way of saying fuck you the bourgeoisie?

I bet you have a very solid immune system, am I right?

Did you get into IDM just because RDJ was a ginger haired guy, like yourself?

Will you ever get out of IDM?

Do you regret joining watmm?

Do you regret making this thread?

Are you sleeping well?

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Do you think a lack of father figure has a hand in your messy home/car? 

My father's truck was always littered with peanut and chocolate bar wrappers (RIP).  Bridge Mixture was a common one, and Planter's Peanuts.  The home was always immaculate due to my mother's well disciplined 50's upbringing.  She cleaned all the rooms.  lol

Do you think a crying mysonogist could be the one to set you on the right track?

like... someone who has studied what it is to have a son bawling their eyes out at the waste of uterine fluid I've amounted to?  If by "right track" you mean the track I would make from all the tear samples they've provided me with... yes.  That track would be most correct.

Is it just your way of saying fuck you the bourgeoisie?

that's a fancypants word for the working class, yeah?  Well I've got some work for them.  Clean my fucking room, you lazy fucks.

I bet you have a very solid immune system, am I right?

Interestingly, I have had a very solid immune system since breaking up with my girlfriend of 10 years.  I used to get colds all the time, which would last for weeks.  Now all I get are these fleeting sniffles/mild throat things that last less than an hour in the morning, very occasionally.  Never get full blown colds anymore.  And yes, she was a clean freak.

Did you get into IDM just because RDJ was a ginger haired guy, like yourself?

Probably.

Will you ever get out of IDM?

I was out of IDM before it was cool.

Do you regret joining watmm?

I don't so much regret joining as I regret habitually checking it multiple times every day like some kind of cyberdork junkie for... 15 god damn years.

Do you regret making this thread?

Tomorrow I will.  Right now I have no regret making skills.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 4

I looked this word up, and yes I do have a boot resembling one of these on the floor of the passenger side of my van.  I have a matching boot that goes with it too.  I used them recently on a hiking mission where my sole purpose (no pun intended) was to capture video footage of a waterfall in slow motion.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Sadly I am no longer drunk.  But I will still answer a question here and there if the motivation strikes me.  

39 minutes ago, Squee said:

Share an event from when you were a kid that you're still ashamed about.

One time in maybe grade 4, the teacher asked some question, a girl responded, and I blurted out "that's stupid!"  I don't recall what the question or answer was, but evidently I found her answer stupid.  Anyway, I immediately felt bad afterward.  Still think about it form time to time and wince.

6 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

heat or night? 

It's very obviously "the heat."  I actually can't wrap my head around how people get "night" out of "the heat."  There are clearly two syllables, neither of which resemble any of the sounds in "night" aside from the T at the end.  This is basic listening comprehension.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

You wake up tomorrow & you've magically teleported back in time to the day you joined WATMM, your present day mind waking up in your past body basically. What do you do? Doesn't have to be WATMM-related, can be as short term or long term as you want

2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

what's your favourite chord? or top 3 chords

Went to my guitar to figure this out.  My enjoyment of chords depends a lot upon what other chords they are surrounded by.  But one chord that will instantly make my ears perk up is an A major (open A + the octave above it on the D string) with a minor six and an add9.  Is that an augmented minor add9?  This is the most mysterious, haunting, beautiful and tragic chord to my ear. I've only used it a handful of times... maybe twice.  Gotta make it count.  There is also a chord that contains an A flat minor7 sus2 but with both E strings ringing out, turning into some kind of majestic E major gone awry.  That's a really lush chord.  A far more common, but no less confounding chord is an F major with the B and high E string ringing out... so the high E becomes a Maj7 and the B is a tritone up the octave from the root, flat 5 I suppose you could call it?  Augmented 4th?  Fmaj7aug4 is perhaps the name for it.

I don't know, I've always been drawn towards unusual chords that I don't hear a lot.  I sound them out in my head, or stumble upon them while noodling.  Later on if I ever need to explain it to another musician I figure it out like this.  I'm always intuition first, figure the theory out later if need be.  Leads to some interesting results.

• Like 1