IGNORED

Zephyr Nova's drunken AMA

Zephyr_Nova

4 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

Afunk's cousin...? 

lol

i have black and white pics from years back where I had a gigantic hobo beard, and I look exactly like Aaron Funk.  Which is odd, because I look nothing like him in the flesh.  It's only weird pics where it happens.

• Like 1

Zephyr_Nova was it you who had a Youtube channel with alot of tracks made with Synthi AKS, EDP Wasp Deluxe etc?
I remember there was amazing ambient stuff and drones with rare vintage synthesizers and now everything is taken down! (private?) 

the user name was Zephyr. 

4 hours ago, cern said:

Zephyr_Nova was it you who had a Youtube channel with alot of tracks made with Synthi AKS, EDP Wasp Deluxe etc?
I remember there was amazing ambient stuff and drones with rare vintage synthesizers and now everything is taken down! (private?) 

the user name was Zephyr. 

I'm sorry to say that was not me.  Sounds awesome though.  I would put it back up if I could.

• Thanks 1

I'm all out of questions, but I hope the angst goes away :flower: 

On 3/31/2021 at 1:57 AM, beerwolf said:

Please rate Slayer albums out of 10 in chronological order, and feel free to add any comments or anecdotes. Thank you ?

Listened to World Painted Blood while delivering food tonight, and holy fuck that is one solid album.  Every song is a hit for me.  Between the last time I heard it (no idea when that was) and now almost every riff on there has become a classic for me.  Really great vocal hooks too.  I find with Slayer, the first album listen through always comes off as a total onslaught without much variance, but with time the character of each song really reveals itself.  I feel like this one really chrystalizes everything that is great about Slayer... its like they studied all their old albums, and paid a knowing homage to their whole career.  The songwriting is water tight.  9/10.

• Like 1

This section is one of my very favourite Slayer moments (up until a little before the 2:30 mark... sounds like spores being released and taking control of their hosts' nervous systems):

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 12:37 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Bonus pic for fapping.

2118703900_theslayrrr.thumb.jpg.650bcc01015ec484b9a077028f0ffe57.jpg

This is a lot less Kstew than I expected, and I didn't expect a lot.

15 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

just about to crack open my second tall sour.  get those questions in...

Fav jelly belly flavour?

black liquorice yay or nay?

pineapple on pizza, good or blasphemy?

Im hungry

• Like 1

Fav jelly belly flavour?

Red flavour, prob.

black liquorice yay or nay?

yep.  i don't have much of a sweet tooth, but pretty much all liquorice is good liquorice.  I was talking about this very thing with one of my Bumble matches an hour ago.

pineapple on pizza, good or blasphemy?

Sometimes it works!  Plus I loved hawaiian pizza as a kid, so it has mad nostalgia associations.  Admittedly, its not a topping I order often.

• Like 3

watch that licorice intake

• Haha 2
  • Burger 1

On 4/10/2021 at 8:44 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Listened to World Painted Blood while delivering food tonight, and holy fuck that is one solid album.  Every song is a hit for me.  Between the last time I heard it (no idea when that was) and now almost every riff on there has become a classic for me.  Really great vocal hooks too.  I find with Slayer, the first album listen through always comes off as a total onslaught without much variance, but with time the character of each song really reveals itself.  I feel like this one really chrystalizes everything that is great about Slayer... its like they studied all their old albums, and paid a knowing homage to their whole career.  The songwriting is water tight.  9/10.

they left one of the best songs from that era (Atrocity Vendor) off the album as a b-side... They put it in Repentless later on but it's a way worse version

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

i was watching adam neely's latest vid and at some point during the video, he basically explains a theoretical point about the implications of inverting intervals i'd never heard about. what's that got to do with this thread, you say? the zeph chord man.

the timestamp at 18:41 is intentional. you can stop the video after 22:07, when it gets off-topic 

• Big Brain 1

edit: forgot to specify that you need to watch the part from 21:30 to 22:07, otherwise you won't get what this has to do with the zeph chord. the rest is just to introduce the concept. 

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1

Haha good catch!

(Of course, it's a given that you could never have the "most elegant key change in all of pop music" without my chord's influence.)

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I'm drinking alone again, so now's prob a good time to get your questions in.

Would u smash for $30? Mask has to stay on.

78803F3F-DF93-4EC9-9FC9-CD362CCD7554.jpeg

Who do you think is winning in the Marxist thread? 

Do you like celery seed? 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus