Polyend Tracker - Sonic LAB Presentation with Bogdan Raczynski

i dont know who pete cannon is either but i like his faceplate the best. the other ones i'd be kinda embarrassed to have other people see. if they could just issue that without the pete cannon logo, it'd be dope.

though i also agree if i was going to use a tracker i'd probably stick with renoise and not this. still seems like a cool idea and i support the endeavor

ok yeah i have seen that video before. i am highly conflicted with how this person can be such a punchable deuschbro and also make pretty authentic sounding jungle/be a retro gearhead at the same time.

6 minutes ago, nikisoko said:

i dont know who pete cannon is either but i like his faceplate the best.

Pete Cannon is a champ. His stuff is pretty rad. Vintage amiga jungle boss.

He first got a fair amount of exposure after RDJ dropped this track at a few of his last shows...

If there is one of those artist editions to get, it’s his because it includes a jungle sample pack and apparently also has loaded projects you can re-edit. 

@thawkins

I like trolls, I am one, but I was trying to be an earnest gear dummy what you would find on elektronauts.

Edited by sheatheman

it says they're putting out a 12" of boggy tracks too. @Rubin Farr can you figure out how to get that without ordering the tracker and then let me know? thanks pal

7 hours ago, ignatius said:

stoked to have some samples from my UnDo sample library in this collab project

nice job!

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

DC07E18C-5004-4CF4-AB50-FCA01DC55DDE.thumb.jpeg.030ca49ac7f3b7f9978b8f208a406672.jpeg

Just saw this, super happy about the slides and MIDI compensation.. can't wait to try it out :music: 

4 minutes ago, chronical said:

DC07E18C-5004-4CF4-AB50-FCA01DC55DDE.thumb.jpeg.030ca49ac7f3b7f9978b8f208a406672.jpeg

Just saw this, super happy about the slides and MIDI compensation.. can't wait to try it out :music: 

Whoa, these changes sound amazon, will def have to snag this

Wait, it didn't have arp/slide (portamento)/gate (note cut) before? Or were they previously available as other commands? Those three are kinda essential for a tracker imo. 

I'm really more and more tempted to sell my OP-Z and buy one of these. It looks amazing, sounds good and seems to have interesting features (love the idea of instant FM sampling). Plus, it seems to have a very strong support from Polyend.

The lack of support and frequent updates from Teenage Engineering, along with its shitty build quality were massive letdowns for me.

But comments like that do worry me about the Tracker tho, I really don't want to buy another machine that would be useless as soon as its screen or cpu is dead :

On 3/22/2021 at 9:43 PM, dogwalker said:

mine was so buggy and about a month ago the display completely stopped working. sad because it's a really cool product and was very inspiring. would highly recommend staying away though, since mine is literally a brick now. 

So yeah I might wait a few weeks / months before taking a decision but it really seems to be a fun machine.

Edited by Stock

But any machine would be useless with a dead CPU?

Surely it's still under warranty.. it's a bit ridiculous to think "ah well, screen's broken, it's useless, better just throw it away". Faults happen on even the most high end machines. There's always something that can be done about it, especially if it's not even a year old?!

4 hours ago, Stock said:

I'm really more and more tempted to sell my OP-Z and buy one of these. It looks amazing, sounds good and seems to have interesting features (love the idea of instant FM sampling). Plus, it seems to have a very strong support from Polyend.

The lack of support and frequent updates from Teenage Engineering, along with its shitty build quality were massive letdowns for me.

But comments like that do worry me about the Tracker tho, I really don't want to buy another machine that would be useless as soon as its screen or cpu is dead :

So yeah I might wait a few weeks / months before taking a decision but it really seems to be a fun machine.

i've read a fair bit of criticism from people unhappy with Polyend's support for their Seq, apparently it's still buggy and i think they've ended (or seemingly ended) support for it going forward. had heard a little bit of complaint about the hardware and software of Medusa, and there's been a good bit of Tracker hardware that had QC issues or something of the sort (i do think the company has owned up to/rectified these?). looks like they're pumping all their efforts into the Tracker right now, and it seems they're keeping the software reliability a priority and adding features as they can...so definitely not trying to dissuade you or anyone on it (hell, i'd consider grabbing one, the Tracker looks pretty interesting) and neither am i trying to throw stones at the company, but maybe worth hunting some commentary about their other devices over the last couple years as well if you haven't yet.