IGNORED

Spirit of the Beehive - Entertainment, Death

spacer.png

Three singles released so far have me super excited for this album.  Post-punk, experimental vibes. 

The videos are top-notch, too.

Thought I'd share to anybody who might be interested. ?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

this leaked today, and i couldn't resist.

very happy about this album. it sounds just as much sound collage as it does "live" performance. the music shifts and contorts in and out of catchy jagged shapes, extrapolates on patterns to go to a lot of unexpected places.

intricately detailed, immersive album.  listened three times now ?

I dig this,  vocals reminds me of Gary Wilson and the overall sounds reminds me of BMSR, OLR, and a lot of other weird lo-fi psych of the hypnagogic pop persuasion. 

• Like 1

Almost finished my first play. Quite good. Definitely need more plays to decipher the tunes which I’m more than happy to do. Some of the tracks remind me of Magical Mystery Tour. Which is absolutely fine by me because that’s absolutely the finest Beatles album.  In my rhubarb crumble opinion.

Soon it will be the break of day sitting here in Blue Jay Waay....

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

there's a bunch of little melodic nugs everywhere, and in general a lot of the complexities and nuances don't immediately jump out at you, such as the subtly shifting tonal center of GIVE UP YOUR LIFE.

also i found this recent interview on youtube with Tim Heidecker. pretty funny.

Edited by BelacquaShuah

Yes it’s obvious this is a grower. Also the opening lyrics to Blue Jay Way is about being lost in a fog. That’s how I felt listening to this! Cool ? 

• Like 1