IGNORED

Disintegration Loops Documentary

Joyrex

I really can't listen to these any more - especially the one used in the trailer. To me they're like the music equivalent of the film Garden State - seemed all pretty and poignant during my uni years, but now all I can just think of is Natalie Portman and Zach Braff pulling fucking stupid faces.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, zkom said:

I never really understood what's so special about the whole thing. It's not bad I guess?:shrug:

It's the proto-Caretaker "so deep" album that messes with normie heads. 

Agreed, listen to the album if you want, there's really not much to it.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Berk said:

Hype always sucks

yep

1 minute ago, Silent Member said:

Agreed, listen to the album if you want, there's really not much to it.

yeah, p much. but i'm guessing this is the pet project of some filmmaker wanting to make their name and trying to find something to get some recognition that hasn't been done already. the trailer makes it seem likely they're really not aiming this at current fans of the series.

13 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Suck it up haters

I like it, but the whole mythos surrounding it has always sounded like bullshit to me.

• Like 2

an hour of stupid music which looks infinitely more stupid and empty and uncreative when compared to similar, 'an hour long, barely changing' works like Ae's subrange 6-36 or all end and Steven Roach's Darkest before dawn. i see no documentaries about those works of genius!!! stupid mofos! 

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

this yt comment is spot on! 

''This guy exploited and attached one of the worst tragedies in recent history to his ambient album, and suddenly everyone thinks it's this super important artistic statement. Not cool.''

• Like 2
  • Burger 2

43 minutes ago, xox said:

an hour of stupid music which looks infinitely more stupid and empty and uncreative when compared to similar, 'an hour long, barely changing' works like Ae's subrange 6-36 or all end and Steven Roach's Darkest before dawn. i see no documentaries about those works of genius!!! stupid mofos! 

These are equally as mediocre, the idea itself is pretty hacky

• Facepalm 1

6 hours ago, Amen Lare said:

Oh man, I saw this series of videos a long time ago and had no idea how to find them again! So wild. Thanks for linking this ?

I like THA LOOPS but have no interest in watching an entire movie about them. We get it WB, you look like Khan

I must have either a low capacity for appreciating art or a low tolerance for wankery because once I saw what that dude actually looks like and speaks like, I lost any small appreciation I had for that album.