On 4/16/2021 at 4:17 PM, BobDobalina said:

@BobDobalina I never hear this album brought up anymore, this was such a fun concept album. I really loved it at the time, a real throwback to the Tribe/De La Soul early 90s era.

Hope you're well dude, long time! I still remember that fun night we had out like a decade ago in Brooklyn. What show was that, Samiyam?

On 4/17/2021 at 5:32 PM, six said:

@BobDobalina I never hear this album brought up anymore, this was such a fun concept album. I really loved it at the time, a real throwback to the Tribe/De La Soul early 90s era.

Hope you're well dude, long time! I still remember that fun night we had out like a decade ago in Brooklyn. What show was that, Samiyam?

Cheers M8, I remember that well(ish)!  Your mixes (and the successes thereof) are def a happy! I think it was Daedelus headlining tho  Samiyam was probably on the bill, very brainfeedery iirc.  Got to meet Daedelus at his merch table and had an actual normal convo with him which was cool (except the part when he tried to dissuade me from buying something lol), then my poor friend was a mess and we had to bail before even getting to see him perform.  Drinks with you & yr lady beforehand were cool tho! 

And yea still love what these guys brought, UD and PUTS been kept yer mans in grin mode for more than a minute now, good ol' hiphop done right.  Absolutely gutted at the passing of Mike Double K Turner.  He & Thes were the total package

Edited by BobDobalina
it's

19 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

Cheers M8, I remember that well(ish)!  Your mixes (and the successes thereof) are def a happy! I think it was Daedelus headlining tho  Samiyam was probably on the bill, very brainfeedery iirc.  Got to meet Daedelus at his merch table and had an actual normal convo with him which was cool (except the part when he tried to dissuade me from buying something lol), then my poor friend was a mess and we had to bail before even getting to see him perform.  Drinks with you & yr lady beforehand were cool tho! 

And yea still love what these guys brought, UD and PUTS been kept yer mans in grin mode for more than a minute now, good ol' hiphop done right.  Absolutely gutted at the passing of Mike Double K Turner.  He & Thes were the total package

You're right, it was totally Daedelus with Samiyam also on the bill. I also had a convo with him at the merch table, seemed like a really nice guy.

Shit dude, hadn't heard about Double K, that's rough to hear. PUTS was always consistently great, loved their energy.

On 4/24/2021 at 4:36 AM, toaoaoad said:

Fuck yes. Underworld do euphoria like pretty much no others. Cherry Pie is my go-to uplifting track. The way it subtly builds from a single arpeggio into life-affirming warmth is phenomenal.

Karl's solo album is frequently along very similar lines tonally, if not stylistically. 

• Like 1

@purlieu Yasss,  good call on a lot of those! Jumbo was always one of my favs, the part where the pads come in is one of the lushest things ever. Scribble is a great tune for running, so uplifting and high-energy. Underworld have saved my life a few times ngl. 

Edited by toaoaoad
  • Like 1

These tunes will fix any day! 

(^me and my S/O love this song to death!) 

Posted (edited)

This is a track that never fails to elevate me; there was a different - better - version (Yonderhead [version 2011]) available on YT some years back, with even better orchestration - it's an exquisitely beautiful track, and Feiner's voice complements it in a way that's really rare. This version's from Anywhen's The Opiates Revised (YouTube), an intimidating and amazingly beautiful album that became the band's last. There are no bad tracks on it, and Feiner's voice carries like a beacon through everything, his expressive range is huge - especially Dinah And The Beautiful Blue, Yonderhead, Toy and For Now. This is one of the rare albums I keep going back to and always sounds better than I remembered. Only the Revised version has Yonderhead and For Now, and it's missing Where's The Hight from the original - but if you decide to get a copy, go for the Revised one (it's actually a bit pricey).

Edited by dcom

Posted (edited)

Oh, and all albums by Koop (Sons of, Waltz for, Islands - Waltz for Alternative takes has its moments, too). Whenever There Is You was our wedding dance.

If Summer Sun doesn't make you happy, there's something wrong with you. Yukimi Nagano's vocals are sublime - I believe she was 17 at the time.

Edited by dcom