IGNORED

NEW MY BLOODY VALENTINE 3/31 ???

J3FF3R00

4 minutes ago, NI64 said:

The both say fully analog cut. So it's just a mildly different type of gatefold sleeve? How deluxe!

found this comment

the deluxe is the analog cut, the standard is digital. while the album is recorded on tape, the transitions were made digitally, and the deluxe has these remade on tape

new interview with Kevin:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/31/arts/music/my-bloody-valentine-shields.html

I found this amusing:

“My nieces and nephews — they would complain to me, because when they would try and show their friends, they can’t find it anywhere,” Shields said. “They’re like, ‘Why are you so purposely obscure? You know, it seems stupid.’

• Like 1

Never understood the semi-mythic status of this band

The Cocteau Twins pretty much invented dream-pop and everyone knows shoe-gaze dates back to Black Sabbath.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fumi said:

Never understood the semi-mythic status of this band

The Cocteau Twins pretty much invented dream-pop and everyone knows shoe-gaze dates back to Black Sabbath.

Whaeyaaseeee oo waaatmm useeeheeeeer? cocto hoohooowh~ariiiiiyyaaaaaa!

17 minutes ago, Claudius t Ansuulim said:

link to something Cocteau Twonz as epic as Loveless plz?

Also 2nd the tape option.  For someone as fidelity minded as Mr. Shields, wouldn’t it make sense to release a tape version of the newly remastered to tape version?

cocteau twins best is generally seen as ‘treasure’. not that like mbv.

as for tape ... cassette tape is nothing like studio tape.

• 3 weeks later...

Went to their web store to pre-order the LPs now. Loveless is listed as out of stock. Isn't Anything is listed as in stock, but is not in stock upon checkout. Weird.

• 1 month later...

Just popping in to say I just got the deluxe versions in the mail the other day and, having never heard any of the other remasters, I gotta say they sound phenomenal. Plus the packaging, art, inner sleeves, all is excellent. Definitely worth the price.

AND they're taking preorders for a second pressing in October. So if you were on the fence the first time around, I'd pull the trigger on the next batch.

i only grabbed loveless as i already own the other two, but yeah it does sound (and look) real good.

still wish they pressed the EP set to vinyl, but i totally understand if the label were not prepared to wait for glacial pace kev to settle on a master (assuming that was the decision for not doing it)