IGNORED

Can we have a moment to Listen again Milk Man by AFX?

FJKMTL

Read the rules. 

great track btw

I was actually just thinking about it the other day and how it was a complete break in form for rich to have not only vocals (yes, it’s him) but a straight up LOL lyric. Before that, his tracks were mostly pretty stoic. When that shit first dropped I was all :emotawesomepm9:

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FJKMTL said:

I really want to ask, is that Richard singing? I would like to know, and what you think about this peculiar song!

Greetings.

https://youtu.be/JLYwxVWF_qQ

yeah it's him singing. i can tell because he has the same distinctive accent when he speaks in interviews, and you can hear the exact same accent in a few other tunes of his, like beetles for example

• Like 1

also, the singing is exactly the same in beetles, in terms of timbre and singing technique. so occam's razor suggests it's rdj's voice, instead of a friend or a relative. or the actual milkman for that matter :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1
  • Burger 1

Read the rules. 

great track btw
I was actually just thinking about it the other day and how it was a complete break in form for rich to have not only vocals (yes, it’s him) but a straight up LOL lyric. Before that, his tracks were mostly pretty stoic. When that shit first dropped I was all :emotawesomepm9:
I will read the rules sorry, anyway thank you so much. You are very kind.

Sent from my I3223 using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Burger 1

inb4 someone posts the lyrics to the non-vocoded version of the milkman intro. the audio was up here a long time ago but now people are questioning if those lyrics were ever real, or just rumoured. it's 1000x worse than the end of Funny Little Man.

1 hour ago, Dragon said:

inb4 someone posts the lyrics to the non-vocoded version of the milkman intro. the audio was up here a long time ago but now people are questioning if those lyrics were ever real, or just rumoured. it's 1000x worse than the end of Funny Little Man.

Is it anywhere on this forum? Always wondered what it said at the beginning.

Yeah that stuff in the beginning was some very dirty stuff involving "cock" "cum"  and stuff very RDJ humor style

Salad fingers/Locust Toybox video

• Like 1

it's a realy nice and silly track, the instrumental version we got on his website is neat to

someone commented that it sounds like a tune they play when the endcredits of a soap role off and i always imagine that now :sini:

• Like 1

For the longest time in the Beetles song of his, I thought the lyrics were:

Beetles, under my carpet, under my feet
They come out and I eat.

And I was pretty let down to find out it was 'heat' not 'eat'. I thought it was a song about Richard finding beetles who have come out of the carpet in his house, and eating them. 

And picturing it in my mind is funny everytime

On 3/31/2021 at 8:04 AM, Adamovich said:

this is more shocking than when i found out that the bassline to ptolemy was actually just rdj saying "piss piss, shit shit shit, shit piss, piss shitt shit" with an lp filter

On 4/3/2021 at 9:03 AM, Time Tourist said:

Always loved this track! And I think I remember readeing it was the first time he was singing on a track ever. 

He seemed to go through a bit of a singing phase around the mid to late 90s, theres this, Beetles, Weakling Child, Come To Daddy, Windowlicker all featuring his voice in some form. Then theres stuff like Imperial Ring from soundcloud and other lost improv songs.

Then he pretty much went back to before where the voice is just occasionally used for texture. (Meltphace, minipops)

Yeah it definitely seems like he had a phase of (perhaps only ironically) flirting with poppier aesthetics in the late 90s, after the more industrial feel of some of the tracks on ICBYD & before the complexity of DrukQs. The heavier usage of non-electronic instruments & putting his face on all the visual material would have been part of this as well imo

Spoiler

Neutral Milkman Hotel