IGNORED

Seefeel - Rupt and Flex + St/Fr/Sp + Succour/ Ch-Vox re-releases

thumbass

so should i not buy the vinyls if i see them in store? how bad are these glitches?
It's not a deal breaker - 2 second gap between tracks that is only really noticeable on the segue between rupt and vex. Also a glitch one minute into monastic.

22 minutes ago, danshoebridge said:
On 7/23/2021 at 1:34 PM, nikisoko said:
so should i not buy the vinyls if i see them in store? how bad are these glitches?

It's not a deal breaker - 2 second gap between tracks that is only really noticeable on the segue between rupt and vex. Also a glitch one minute into monastic.

i ended up buying all these already ? i did notice some visible warping on one of the records but it sounds ok to my ears. the glitches are there too. oh well! its been nice to become familiar with these records since i mainly listened to quique and the polyfusia cd

SJ (Ochre Support) Aug 31, 2021, 10:08 GMT+1

Hi Nuutti,

Thanks for getting back to us and letting us know.
We can confirm the necessary registration has been done and an IOSS number will be included on your package.
We've arranged for a replacement to be shipped out to you as soon as possible.
You'll receive a dispatch notification via email as soon as this has been shipped. We hope this will be with you soon.
In the meantime please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.
Kind regards,

Ochre Support

So, according to Warp support there's a fixed replacement of the Succour REDUX vinyl coming my way, and the IOSS code should allow the package to skip Finnish customs on arrival and be delivered without extra cost. Joy.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally received the replacement vinyl of Succour REDUX, and guess what? The mastering glitches are still there, so they've just sent me another copy of the original pressing.

As for the digital, the problem between Rupt and Vex persists, but Monastic has been fixed. Let's see how they respond to me opening this up again.

Edited by dcom
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2021 at 2:18 PM, dcom said:

Let's see how they respond to me opening this up again.

This is the final verdict.

Hi there, 

Thank you for your patience with this and we're sorry for the delay. 

Having spoken to the label, they are unfortunately unable to obtain and further non-faulty pressings. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. 

As a result, we've now issued a refund for the value of this item back to your original payment method. Please note this may take a few days to process. 

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Kind regards, 

Ochre Support 

The end result after about six months of effort is that I got two copies of Succour REDUX vinyl (both with the discussed faults) and a refund of 28,49 €.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://seefeel.bandcamp.com/track/rapture-to-rupt

bleep.com/release/257438-seefeel-rapture-to-rupt

To celebrate the reissue earlier this year of Seefeel’s 1994 - 96 music for Warp and Rephlex, we invited the producer KMRU to make an immersive hour long mix of tracks from the records.

A limited edition tape is available via Bleep: 60 minute pro-dubbed cassette with onbody print in a white presentation case, housed inside a sticker sealed glassine envelope with 16 page zine containing an interview with the band conducted by Simon Reynolds:
bleep.com/release/257438-seefeel-rapture-to-rupt

Joseph Kamaru, aka KMRU, is a sound artist and experimental ambient musician, raised in Nairobi, Kenya, and currently based in Berlin where he is a Master’s student in Sound Studies and Sonic Arts at the Universität der Künste. His works deal with discourses of field recording, improvisation, noise, ambient, machine learning, radio art and expansive hypnotic drones. He has earned international acclaim from his performances in far-flung locales as well as his ambient recordings, including the 2020 album Peel released on Editions Mego.

crédits

paru le 1 décembre 2021
All music by Seefeel, original versions can be found on Rupt & Flex 1994 - 96 WARPCD237

Mix by KMRU. Made on the train between Berlin and Warsaw

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 6:09 PM, d-a-m-o said:

Just received a brand new boxset, not checked yet but I wouldn't be surprised if this copy also got the glitch...

Seems like replacement cds are in the wild, anybody got this ?

C4D975D5-CF22-4882-AAEC-444A95AD39AF.jpeg