Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...

future-sound-of-london-rituals.jpg

So much to unpack with this cover. The art looks totally unlike any other FSOL cover to date. Buggy is very much not around these days, meaning there's been a real diversity in sleeve designs of late. This is a really bizarre one though.

Rituals seems to be the title, with e7.001 as the subtitle identifying it as part of the Environment 7 trilogy, which very much makes it an album with its own title, for the first time since Dead Cities, arguably. e7.002 is finished and already has a title too (a very different one to this), so it seems that titles are very much a thing they're interested in doing again. 

 

No tracklist yet, but a few tracks believed to be coming from the Environment Seven trilogy (knowing them they probably won't turn up now0:
Northern Point
An unnamed track that opens this mix by Brian's brother
A piano & string interpretation of Schubert’s Piano Sonata in A, featuring Morven Bryce on violin, played on a 2020 Touched Mixlr FSOL Night show.
A breaksy track called 'Rituals', played on the Touched Music FSOL Night show last July.

 

I'm looking forward to this a lot. Some of the other recent releases have been good but just haven't quite had that fully rounded FSOL album experience, I'm sure this will though.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you, and to everyone else! It was a hell of an experience, even if I did have a fortnight of "what the fuck do I listen to now?" anxiety afterwards.

I'm hoping someone will do a similar thing for other artists but other superfans are losers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, purlieu said:

Thank you, and to everyone else! It was a hell of an experience, even if I did have a fortnight of "what the fuck do I listen to now?" anxiety afterwards.

I'm hoping someone will do a similar thing for other artists but other superfans are losers.

Autechre

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Rituals tracklist:

A1. Hopiate
A2. Triple Circles
A3. Somewhere Outside
A4. Ritualised
A5. Time Cone
A6. Solar Signals
B1. Sand to Ocean
B2. Far Seeker
B3. Slowly Slipped Away
B4. Visibility Accumulation
B5. I Am Error
B6. Colour Primary
B7. Time Passed the Sun

No 'Northern Point' or 'Sonata in A', although these might well appear on 7.002, 7.003 or even the extended CD version. 'Rituals' may have been renamed to 'Ritualised'. I believe the track from the Alan Dougans mix is among the ones listed here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 2:17 PM, purlieu said:

Rituals tracklist:

A1. Hopiate
A2. Triple Circles
A3. Somewhere Outside
A4. Ritualised
A5. Time Cone
A6. Solar Signals
B1. Sand to Ocean
B2. Far Seeker
B3. Slowly Slipped Away
B4. Visibility Accumulation
B5. I Am Error
B6. Colour Primary
B7. Time Passed the Sun

No 'Northern Point' or 'Sonata in A', although these might well appear on 7.002, 7.003 or even the extended CD version. 'Rituals' may have been renamed to 'Ritualised'. I believe the track from the Alan Dougans mix is among the ones listed here.

Any idea on the release date for this, @purlieu?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

LP on Record Store Day, 23rd April. CD and digital with four bonus tracks on 29th April. Further vinyl copies should be shipping from FSOLDigital at that point too. Digital bonus tracks:

14. Ebb Flow
15. Avoiding Mirrors
16. Clone A9
17. Only in Memories

  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/1/2022 at 11:16 AM, purlieu said:

LP on Record Store Day, 23rd April. CD and digital with four bonus tracks on 29th April. Further vinyl copies should be shipping from FSOLDigital at that point too. Digital bonus tracks:

14. Ebb Flow
15. Avoiding Mirrors
16. Clone A9
17. Only in Memories

Super, thanks. Can’t wait 😅 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally finished reading it all, every page,  every track and mix. Hugely enjoyable, informative and well written, amazing achievement Ross, and really made be appreciate and re-evaluate some releases.

It was funny reading about releases I’d designed, still get a kick of having done them (roll on Mind Maps 3). Also had to laugh at the pic of the ‘95 Essential Mix track listing as that was my photo shot on my old work desk. 

I should also add that sT8818r and bdog on the Mind Maps 2 sleeve weren’t added by me, I asked Brian for some aliases to add to the artwork as, unlike the first one, I didn’t know who was on this one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.