IGNORED

Can digitals @ Mute Bandcamp

dcom

• dcom changed the title to Can digitals @ Mute Bandcamp

Nice! I havent heard that live album, might have to pick it up. I love Can so much, some of the best music ever made. They've always reminded me of Autechre, the way they built tracks by editing down long-form jams. And the way their music feels casual and improvised but still really tight and precise

• Like 1

I have been sleeping on CAN. Excellent stuff!

If you've never heard of them and happen to dig Radiohead, you should give CAN a try. It's basically where Radiohead got their inspiration from. Cannot stress how good this is. Massively underrated. But that's mostly because I've got my own head stuck in the sand.

Sacrilege also has one of the best Orb mixes from the 90s golden area. 

Also really enjoyed Lost Tapes when it came out. Future Days still my favorite though.

I really need to dig back into Can.

Edited by Extralife

Soon Over Babaluma is a great album, underrated. It's missing the eccentric brilliance of Damo Suzuki, but the music is still so good.

Lost Tapes I feel is kind of hit or miss but worth it for some exceptional tracks like this beautiful long-form version of Vitamin C which provides a nice window into their process (assuming that this was an earlier take with more raw jamming which they edited/refined to produce the single-length Vitamin C)

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...