10 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

>The remedy which taught skin Lenin have found the elimination of democracy as such is worse than the disease it is supposed to cure for it stops up the very living source from which alone can come the correction of all the innate shortcomings of social institutions that source is the active on promise and the jet the political life of the broadest masses of the people

i wonder how well her revolution went. oh yeah, it completely failed and let hitler take over whereas the USSR became a world class proletarian state making significant quality of life improvements for its people and those of regions it supported

• Like 1

Communist states not doing so well in the Reporters Without Borders World Press Freedom Index https://rsf.org/en/ranking#

By not so well I mean China is on position 177 out of 180, North Korea 179, Cuba 171, Vietnam 175, Laos 172, Venezuela 148 and so on..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zkom said:

Communist states not doing so well in the Reporters Without Borders World Press Freedom Index https://rsf.org/en/ranking#

By not so well I mean China is on position 177 out of 180, North Korea 179, Cuba 171, Vietnam 175, Laos 172, Venezuela 148 and so on..

Clearly this is western propaganda designed to oppress the Communist brotherhood.

Spoiler

How's my zeff impression?

I mean it's more about authoritarianism than any economic system, but it is an odd coincidence that the countries who espouse communism have pretty terrible ratings. But certainly places like Eritrea (in the midst of a civil war) are not paragons of free speech either.

4 hours ago, chenGOD said:

Clearly this is western propaganda designed to oppress the Communist brotherhood.

Hide contents

How's my zeff impression?

pretty bad "impression".  brotherhood? what about women? sexist specifications like this is inappropriate, and weird, even sisterhood would be weird.  it's a humanityhood.  and there is no freedom of the press in america or any other major capitalist nation.  the press is owned by capitalists and you will only be hired if you are also a capitalism supporter.  otherwise you have to use independent news outlets with no visibility whatsoever.  so yes it is western propaganda to claim western nations have superior free press scores

funny how coincidentally this rating map is really just a whiteness map.  it even gives those of the purest nazi-conceived aryan blood in scandinavia a particularly high score.  here you see the white supremacy inherent in the disgusting capitalist system

Edited by cyanobacteria

1 minute ago, cyanobacteria said:

no freedom of the press in america or any other major capitalist nation.

How are you defining freedom of the press? RSF has a pretty detailed methodology

Yes, China has such great free speech that I can't even send links to my tracks in Soundcloud and Bandcamp to my girlfriend living there because she can't open them. Let's not even get started with something like Youtube or Wikipedia.

• Farnsworth 1

1 minute ago, zkom said:

Yes, China has such great free speech that I can't even send links to my tracks in Soundcloud and Bandcamp to my girlfriend living there because she can't open them. Let's not even get started with something like Youtube or Wikipedia.

its called a vpn everyone in china knows how to use it

• Facepalm 1

The Mirror of Production (French: Le Miroir de la production) is a 1973 book by Jean Baudrillard. It is a systematic critique of Marxism. Baudrillard's thesis is that Karl Marx’s theory of historical materialism is too rooted in assumptions and values of political economy to provide a framework for radical action. The fault of Marxism is in prioritizing the very concepts that founded capital, e.g. necessity, value, and labor. 

For Baudrillard, Marx did not transcend political economy but merely saw its reverse or its “mirror” side. Marxism merely strengthens political economy’s basic propositions, in particular the idea that self-creation is performed through productive, non-alienated labor. In Baudrillard’s words, “[Marxism] convinces men that they are alienated by the sale of their labor power, thus censoring the much more radical hypothesis that they might be alienated as labor power.” Baudrillard proposes to liberate workers from their "labor value" and think in terms other than production.

jean baudrillard - 'the mirror of production' 1973.pdf

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

How are you defining freedom of the press? RSF has a pretty detailed methodology

MY COMMENTS IN CAPS

1 / Pluralism [indicator scorePlur]

Measures the degree to which opinions are represented in the media.

DICTATORSHIPS OF THE PROLETARIAT EXCLUDED FROM HIGH SCORES

2/ Media independence [indicator scoreInd]

Measures the degree to which the media are able to function independently of sources of political, governmental, business and religious power and influence.

CAPITALISTS FAVORED DESPITE THE CLASS ALIGNED NATURE OF THEIR PUBLICATIONS

3/ Environment and self-censorship [indicator scoreEA]

Analyses the environment in which news and information providers operate.

ANALYSIS OF NEWS ENVIRONMENT ISNT ALLOWED IN THE WEST

4/ Legislative framework [indicator scoreCL]

Measures the impact of the legislative framework governing news and information activities.

LEGISLATIVE FRAMEWORKS DONT MATTER UNDER CAPITALISM ONLY CLASS FRAMEWORKS

5/ Transparency [indicator scoreTra]

Measures the transparency of the institutions and procedures that affect the production of news and information.

NO TRANSPARENCY INTO CAPITALIST INSTITUTIONS

6/ Infrastructure [indicator scoreInf]

Measures the quality of the infrastructure that supports the production of news and information.

A seventh indicator based on data gathered about abuses and acts of violence against journalists and media during the period evaluated is also factored into the calculation.

ALL INFRASTRUCTURE IS PRIVATELY OWNED UND4ER CAPITALISM

7/ Abuses [indicator scoreExa]

Measures the level of abuses and violence.

JOKE TO PRETEND EXTERNAL VIOLENCE IN COLONIZED REGIONS DOESNT COUNT

Each indicator is given a score between 0 and 100.

In summary this list is fucking bullshit created to benefit capitalist nations despite there not being any actual benefit to their free speech based on these criteria

• Facepalm 2

1 minute ago, cyanobacteria said:

its called a vpn everyone in china knows how to use it

So let me get this straight, it's not censorship in China because you can use a VPN, which by the way is illegal in China if you don't have a license?

3 minutes ago, prdctvsm said:

The Mirror of Production (French: Le Miroir de la production) is a 1973 book by Jean Baudrillard. It is a systematic critique of Marxism. Baudrillard's thesis is that Karl Marx’s theory of historical materialism is too rooted in assumptions and values of political economy to provide a framework for radical action. The fault of Marxism is in prioritizing the very concepts that founded capital, e.g. necessity, value, and labor. 

For Baudrillard, Marx did not transcend political economy but merely saw its reverse or its “mirror” side. Marxism merely strengthens political economy’s basic propositions, in particular the idea that self-creation is performed through productive, non-alienated labor. In Baudrillard’s words, “[Marxism] convinces men that they are alienated by the sale of their labor power, thus censoring the much more radical hypothesis that they might be alienated as labor power.” Baudrillard proposes to liberate workers from their "labor value" and think in terms other than production.

jean baudrillard - 'the mirror of production' 1973.pdf

sounds fishy to me, alienated as labor power is literally visible in a casual reading of introductory marxist texts

Just now, zkom said:

So let me get this straight, it's not censorship in China because you can use a VPN, which by the way is illegal in China if you don't have a license?

just use one anyway.  china doesnt want its internet flooded with garbage

5 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

ANALYSIS OF NEWS ENVIRONMENT ISNT ALLOWED IN THE WEST

Lol what do you think sites like rightwing watch are? What do you think that whole survey and ranking is?

2 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

just use one anyway.  china doesnt want its internet flooded with garbage

Can you just explain to me how it's better to use illegal means to access information and risk losing your social credit or get fined than have freedom to access it freely without a fear of punishment?

Also I guess Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Youtube and Wikipedia are all garbage then that nobody should be allowed to access?

9 minutes ago, zkom said:

Can you just explain to me how it's better to use illegal means to access information and risk losing your social credit or get fined than have freedom to access it freely without a fear of punishment?

Also I guess Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Youtube and Wikipedia are all garbage then that nobody should be allowed to access?

the typical chinese person doesnt give a shit about whether they can go to bandcamp, they want food water shelter and education. they cant even read english.  yes,  china is not a paradise for westerners

Edited by cyanobacteria