IGNORED

Any thoughts about music libraries?

How are you, people? Does anyone have any kind of references about which music libraries are good to include our compositions and which are not? From what I've seen there is a lot of sketchy sites and quite dubiously written "exclusive" contracts.

I'm asking you guys because I've been offered an exclusivity contract with the company "Soundscape.io", and there's not much information about their services in the online realm of things..

I know about library music more as a listener/record seller but the impression I always got was that the good library labels had a pretty thorough vetting process, a relatively small stable of artists, and weren't that much different from trying to be signed by any other label in that regard.

KPM being one of the most iconic, of course 9although they completely contradict that last thing I said by not working as a label at all; you would pretty much have to start your own single-artist label and try to license through them).

Maybe a good start would be to look at their list of labels/libraries they do licensing for and use those as a jumping off point:

https://form.apmmusic.com/composer-submission/

Anyway, in the music business I would be very skeptical any time someone solicits something from you.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1