Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Fun be good! Purchased and it’s queued up for a proper listen this weekend. I did subtract $87 for each time aux has fanrsworthed me though. Sorry m8s you could have been rich 😂 

 

kidding of course - nice to see this coming out on schematic too. Cant wait to hear it 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Farnsworth 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For anyone interested in how this was made , both auxien and I have elektron A4s and RYTMs.  We traded the .syx files back and forth a number of times until we were both satisfied with how the songs were sounding on the machines themselves. Then we basically went about recording and editing the tracks individually until we arrived at the final versions you hear on the EP.

  • Like 6
  • Big Brain 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Stickfigger said:

For anyone interested in how this was made , both auxien and I have elektron A4s and RYTMs.  We traded the .syx files back and forth a number of times until we were both satisfied with how the songs were sounding on the machines themselves. Then we basically went about recording and editing the tracks individually until we arrived at the final versions you hear on the EP.

Cool as shit.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 4/23/2021 at 9:24 PM, Stickfigger said:

For anyone interested in how this was made , both auxien and I have elektron A4s and RYTMs.

as an aside we may be selling these machines with our signatures on them for exorbitant prices, as 'physical NFTs' if you will. for the ""tr00 0.syx fanz"" only. we're knocking about opening bids of $50,000 per machine. DM us for more info. :emotawesomepm9:

and of course thanks for all the support and kind words everyone 🙂

Edited by auxien
  • Haha 2
  • Burger 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

2021, the year where kickass music is being released. I feel like this is an emerging theme, and, god damn, how nice it is to feel like maybe, just maybe, there is light at the end of a long tunnel. This release is no exception, melding the sensibilities of two fine artists into an unmissable cavalcade of digital goodness, liquid, Elektron squiggles and deep bass hits. There is a real danger with music like this that it can become overstuffed, but this album somehow manages to throw sounds at your face at lightspeed while remaining cogent throughout, always tiptoing up to the edge of chaos, but never falling in wholeheartedly. 

Pop? A very odd thing to ascribe to this sound, but I get it: there is something immediately graspable here that causes instant head nod, while a maelstrom of other things careen around your head, ready for further examination. In truth, my favorite music has this feature - something I can hear (and, more importantly feel) immediately and resonate with, along with numerous other layers that invite further study, and reveal their treasures upon repeat listens. 

That this was done by two people working remotely is amazing, as it feels singular and whole, without the stain of obvious hands in the mix. What is more amazing is just how. fucking. good. it sounds. 

FFS stop reading this and go buy it. It's time to celebrate!!!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

2021, the year where kickass music is being released. I feel like this is an emerging theme, and, god damn, how nice it is to feel like maybe, just maybe, there is light at the end of a long tunnel. This release is no exception, melding the sensibilities of two fine artists into an unmissable cavalcade of digital goodness, liquid, Elektron squiggles and deep bass hits. There is a real danger with music like this that it can become overstuffed, but this album somehow manages to throw sounds at your face at lightspeed while remaining cogent throughout, always tiptoing up to the edge of chaos, but never falling in wholeheartedly. 

Pop? A very odd thing to ascribe to this sound, but I get it: there is something immediately graspable here that causes instant head nod, while a maelstrom of other things careen around your head, ready for further examination. In truth, my favorite music has this feature - something I can hear (and, more importantly feel) immediately and resonate with, along with numerous other layers that invite further study, and reveal their treasures upon repeat listens. 

That this was done by two people working remotely is amazing, as it feels singular and whole, without the stain of obvious hands in the mix. What is more amazing is just how. fucking. good. it sounds. 

FFS stop reading this and go buy it. It's time to celebrate!!!

Seconded. It’s really good.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2021 at 8:16 AM, T3551ER said:

2021, the year where kickass music is being released. I feel like this is an emerging theme, and, god damn, how nice it is to feel like maybe, just maybe, there is light at the end of a long tunnel. This release is no exception, melding the sensibilities of two fine artists into an unmissable cavalcade of digital goodness, liquid, Elektron squiggles and deep bass hits. There is a real danger with music like this that it can become overstuffed, but this album somehow manages to throw sounds at your face at lightspeed while remaining cogent throughout, always tiptoing up to the edge of chaos, but never falling in wholeheartedly. 

Pop? A very odd thing to ascribe to this sound, but I get it: there is something immediately graspable here that causes instant head nod, while a maelstrom of other things careen around your head, ready for further examination. In truth, my favorite music has this feature - something I can hear (and, more importantly feel) immediately and resonate with, along with numerous other layers that invite further study, and reveal their treasures upon repeat listens. 

That this was done by two people working remotely is amazing, as it feels singular and whole, without the stain of obvious hands in the mix. What is more amazing is just how. fucking. good. it sounds. 

FFS stop reading this and go buy it. It's time to celebrate!!!

thank you for sharing all the kind words! 🙂 agreed that it's easy for this type of thing to go over that edge of maximalism and just be too much for many listeners, that was something kept in mind during writing and editing for sure.

On 5/7/2021 at 8:48 AM, Extralife said:

Seconded. It’s really good.

:beer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/7/2021 at 9:16 PM, T3551ER said:

2021, the year where kickass music is being released. I feel like this is an emerging theme, and, god damn, how nice it is to feel like maybe, just maybe, there is light at the end of a long tunnel. This release is no exception, melding the sensibilities of two fine artists into an unmissable cavalcade of digital goodness, liquid, Elektron squiggles and deep bass hits. There is a real danger with music like this that it can become overstuffed, but this album somehow manages to throw sounds at your face at lightspeed while remaining cogent throughout, always tiptoing up to the edge of chaos, but never falling in wholeheartedly. 

Pop? A very odd thing to ascribe to this sound, but I get it: there is something immediately graspable here that causes instant head nod, while a maelstrom of other things careen around your head, ready for further examination. In truth, my favorite music has this feature - something I can hear (and, more importantly feel) immediately and resonate with, along with numerous other layers that invite further study, and reveal their treasures upon repeat listens. 

That this was done by two people working remotely is amazing, as it feels singular and whole, without the stain of obvious hands in the mix. What is more amazing is just how. fucking. good. it sounds. 

FFS stop reading this and go buy it. It's time to celebrate!!!

Damn man, thank you for the kind words ! Very glad that you enjoyed it.  Re: it sounding good , that is all aux's credit as he did the mastering on it and he did a great job !

Yep working remotely has never been easier than now with the ability to trade .syx files directly. They went thru a number of permutations and even now when I listen it's hard to remember exactly where different parts came from or how they ended up how they did. 

I was also lucky enough to be able to get a bit of a view under the hood of aux's patterns and can now steal his techniques and appropriate them as my own 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/12/2021 at 12:52 AM, Stickfigger said:

Damn man, thank you for the kind words ! Very glad that you enjoyed it.  Re: it sounding good , that is all aux's credit as he did the mastering on it and he did a great job !

Yep working remotely has never been easier than now with the ability to trade .syx files directly. They went thru a number of permutations and even now when I listen it's hard to remember exactly where different parts came from or how they ended up how they did. 

I was also lucky enough to be able to get a bit of a view under the hood of aux's patterns and can now steal his techniques and appropriate them as my own 

@auxien bang up job man, hats (and other haberdashery) off! 

I find the whole process fascinating - glad you two were able to meld minds on this one, it sounds so unique, but as if it's all coming from the same source. Lovely stuff. Also, enjoy nicking them techniques (one of the true joys in life)! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Excellent work guys! You managed to squeeze a lot from your Elektrons;  
This release, the latest Melted Self and the Core Alter release should be pinned on Elektronauts! 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...