IGNORED

Feed Me Weird Things 25th Anniversary Remaster

dna42

Rate My Weird Things  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favourite Track(s) on Feed Me Weird Things?

• Squarepusher Theme
    • Tundra
    • The Swifty
    • Dimotane Co
    • Smedleys Melody
    • Windscale 2
    • North Circular
    • Goodnight Jade
    • Theme From Ernest Borgnine
    • U.F.O.'s Over Leytonstone
    • Kodack
    • Future Gibbon
    • Theme from Goodbye Renaldo
    • Deep Fried Pizza

one day PK Dick opened his front door after a knock to a Pink light that was like a transmission.. told him his son had this specific illness and his kid would die if he didn't get him to the hospital immediately. 

so, he did.. told the ER doctor exactly the condition his son had.. the doctor thought he was crazy but indulged him and did the relevant test and confirmed this rare diagnosis and saved his son's life. 

so, the vivid pink light that's a transition from another place that []pusher mentions reminded me of that PK Dick story which is apparently true and verified.

• Like 1

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, ignatius said:

one day PK Dick opened his front door after a knock to a Pink light that was like a transmission.. told him his son had this specific illness and his kid would die if he didn't get him to the hospital immediately. 

so, he did.. told the ER doctor exactly the condition his son had.. the doctor thought he was crazy but indulged him and did the relevant test and confirmed this rare diagnosis and saved his son's life. 

so, the vivid pink light that's a transition from another place that []pusher mentions reminded me of that PK Dick story which is apparently true and verified.

as depicted here by r crumb no less

https://www.brainpickings.org/2014/02/07/r-crumb-weirdo-philip-k-dick/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51:31 seems like he had a more interesting answer for the shoebaleader one question but chose not to say it.

Edited by colunga
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WurstPLUS said:

Definitely some erectional thing going on here.

Screenshot 2021-06-10 105851.jpg

Anthony is also a bass player so i'm sure his wang was activated during this interview just like mine was.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/6/2021 at 1:27 PM, Wunderbar said:

Why does warp always give japan a special treatment ? Is it time to #cancelWarp ?

ordered the japanese edition, which arrived today. UHQCD. not expecting it to sound different, but curious to try … for some reason. stamper is made from different material for (supposedly) better accuracy and sound. says ‘not for sale outside japan’ on obi strip.

packaging is slip card sleeve not book like UK one. booklet in japanese as extra, too. and little key ring puzzle with squares that push around to make black logo on white background.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Squarepusher/dp/B0937LB91K/

Edited by logboy
missed link
  • Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 2:18 PM, logboy said:

ordered the japanese edition, which arrived today. UHQCD. not expecting it to sound different, but curious to try … for some reason. stamper is made from different material for (supposedly) better accuracy and sound. says ‘not for sale outside japan’ on obi strip.

packaging is slip card sleeve not book like UK one. booklet in japanese as extra, too. and little key ring puzzle with squares that push around to make black logo on white background.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/-/en/Squarepusher/dp/B0937LB91K/

Not sure about this album, but in general why a lot of japanese pressings are not very desirable (and part of why they add bonus tracks to them to incentivise locals buying the japanese version over the imports) is that in general, in Japan the mastering is done in such a way as to cut a lot of the low end and raise the highs. This being done as most of Japanese housing is quite tight with thin walls and so they don't want a lot of bass frequencies disturbing neighbors. That said it's not always the case, and hope that's not how it is with this release. Cos if it is good I'd also like such a UHQCD ?

This is the first time I've listened to FMWT in ages. Still a banger of an album. Hard to believe it was all produced back in the mid-90s.

Melon interview was good too.

On 6/12/2021 at 2:25 PM, donotseemecricket said:

Not sure about this album, but in general why a lot of japanese pressings are not very desirable (and part of why they add bonus tracks to them to incentivise locals buying the japanese version over the imports) is that in general, in Japan the mastering is done in such a way as to cut a lot of the low end and raise the highs. This being done as most of Japanese housing is quite tight with thin walls and so they don't want a lot of bass frequencies disturbing neighbors. That said it's not always the case, and hope that's not how it is with this release. Cos if it is good I'd also like such a UHQCD ?

http://elusivedisc.com/content/pdfs/UHQCD-explained.pdf

Re-bump of my megamixes - FMWT opener on pt 1 i think works well given its complexity - same with the end - where i also mixed his digital/bass tracks

Pt 1
https://www.mixcloud.com/keyfumbler/my-fucking-mashup-a-sequel-to-vlrs-his-fucking-sound-squarepusher-megamix/
Pt 2
https://www.mixcloud.com/keyfumbler/my-fucking-mashup-squared-a-sequel-to-the-sequel-vlrs-his-fucking-sound-squarepusher-megamix/

• Like 2

On 6/20/2021 at 2:25 PM, psn said:

''I was in Japan when Ultravisitor had just come out. I purchased it and took a walk with that CD and my Discman. Of course, Tokyo is a big city, but the vibe there has always felt small and enclosed to me. Walking around listening to that music, the city felt huge, free and open. Due to these types of feelings, I always think of recorded music as open or closed to some degree. For example, Aphex Twin's Richard D. James Album is closed, while Classics is open; Black Sabbath’s Master Of Reality is closed, The Beatles’ Sgt Pepper’s is open. This experience with Ultravisitor in Tokyo was one of the most remarkable ways that music has ever altered the way I perceive my surroundings. It was as if Tokyo was somehow transformed into the feeling of open countryside. I've come to realize that this is because Ultravisitor is clearly one of the most open albums ever made. It makes the sky seem bigger.''

I so agree with Frusciante. Ultravisitor makes you feel vastness.

• Like 1

Now that you all have had time to sink properly into the anniversary edition and possible ear fatigue has worn out, can you really hear that it has been remastered or is it rather like the remaster of saw 85-92 (lol)? Listened to my Rephlex copy yesterday, and feel little 50/50 do I really need the anniversary edition, since it sounded crisp enough to my ears. So would appreciate if especially compacto disco buyers had any first hand insight that it is more than a fancy word in a bleep sales pitch. Also because I'm such a cheapskate and most likely need to pay VAT for ordering from UK. Thanks!

Now that you all have had time to sink properly into the anniversary edition and possible ear fatigue has worn out, can you really hear that it has been remastered or is it rather like the remaster of saw 85-92 (lol)? Listened to my Rephlex copy yesterday, and feel little 50/50 do I really need the anniversary edition, since it sounded crisp enough to my ears. So would appreciate if especially compacto disco buyers had any first hand insight that it is more than a fancy word in a bleep sales pitch. Also because I'm such a cheapskate and most likely need to pay VAT for ordering from UK. Thanks!

To my ears, it's placebo. The original sounded fine anyways. My mind tells me it's a bit more crisp, but again, there's nothing wrong with the original. So I assume it's my personal bias hearing things.

Edited by Satans Little Helper
  • Thanks 1

The remaster was done in 2015 by Matt Colton who also did Damogen Furies at the time. There’s some deep bass in some of the tracks that just wasn’t present before. To my ears it sounds more clear and each instrument is given its proper space in the mix. But at the same time, as you can read in the notes of the reissue, the album was made on some dodgy equipment so I’m not sure it’s meant to be like an audiophiles wet dream. I would grab the vinyl since the point of this reissue is to make it more widely available as opposed to paying insane prices for an original press. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'll always prefer the original and if i could only save one in the event of a house fire it would be that. Only bought the reissue cause orange vinyl always looks nice. 

• Like 1