IGNORED

Feed Me Weird Things 25th Anniversary Remaster

dna42

Rate My Weird Things  

48 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Favourite Track(s) on Feed Me Weird Things?

• Squarepusher Theme
    • Tundra
    • The Swifty
    • Dimotane Co
    • Smedleys Melody
    • Windscale 2
    • North Circular
    • Goodnight Jade
    • Theme From Ernest Borgnine
    • U.F.O.'s Over Leytonstone
    • Kodack
    • Future Gibbon
    • Theme from Goodbye Renaldo
    • Deep Fried Pizza

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2021 at 6:05 PM, psn said:

IMG_20210506_180420.thumb.jpg.b789b0c60ba8f8947d5fb6649db95341.jpg

I love these messy like studios feels so raw and alive. In contrary to those youtube studios u see like super white liveless clean and neon lights everywhere.

Anyone going to scan that book that comes with it ? or has that not been released yet?

• Like 3

Solid remaster.  Definitely louder than the original, but also sounds cleaner.  The sub is nice an rumbly as well.  The original album is very upper-mid heavy, and this doesn't mess with that.  Great excuse to revisit this, and I'm looking forward to my vinyl.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Wunderbar said:

I love these messy like studios feels so raw and alive. In contrary to those youtube studios u see like super white liveless clean and neon lights everywhere.

Anyone going to scan that book that comes with it ? or has that not been released yet?

Messy studios are the best. You can feel the maelstrom of ideas. I get turned off a bit by clean studios, it always feel like they've spent more time cleaning it than actually making stuff in it lol

• Like 1

Ol' Tommy "the mensch" Jenks giving us the salad days. Cheers for that and big thanks to prdctvsm for the upload.

• Like 1

There are great lil write ups for each track also! Bunch of details like the gear used and when they were recorded and a bunch of lil tom memories.
cool details to me were Sarcacid Pt.1 was originally intended to be the album opener and Theme from Ernest Borgnine was originally going to be on the first Spy Mania release (Conumber?) in place of Eviscerate.

Very cool to see which tracks were made around the same time as each other like Dimotane Co and UFOs (December 94).

The pics are also very cool to see. I remember the only pics of toms studio for a long time were the cover of BuzzCaner and the pic inside FMWT with the
white silhouette sweating while sitting at the table of gear. Very cool to be able to see pics of tom's work area and live set up from the time.

The booklet ends off with a bunch of old flyers for local squarepusher gigs. even some when tom was playing as Stereotype.  Overall a great read and a great remaster!

thanks tom :squarepusher:

Edited by colunga
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, colunga said:

Very cool to see which tracks were made around the same time as each other like Dimotane Co and UFOs (December 94)

This is pretty self evident since they have the same drum track.

1 hour ago, perunamuusi said:

This is pretty self evident since they have the same drum track.

that never hit me until after I read that they were from the same time. :cisfor:

first listen tonight. very impressed with it for the most part. suspect i would get a better sense of it if i could identify what’s sampled and what’s not. the bits that sound weaker within the tracks might mostly be drum break bits with limitations on quality? 

on the whole, much meatier and cleaner than originally sounded. something of a revelation in listening to it 25 years down the line from first hearing it. one of the best remasters i’ve heard over the years. i hope it doesn’t get reviewed badly, because feels spot on to me right now.

• Like 2

my flac's from Bleep are fucked. tried downloading multiple times now.

can anyone check theirs, from whatever source? listen to Goodbye Renaldo, for example, around 4 secs. and 12-13 secs. various glitches like that.

weird, youtube music version has it too.

Edited by pizza