IGNORED

Songs that make you sad

milkface

5 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

som1 help how do u overcome the nostalgia sadness that  a music gives from your childhood so you can get rid of that bitch shit and just enjoy the music again

learn music theory then analyze the tune, should kill the nostalgia instantly. it worked for me anyway.

• Farnsworth 1

27 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

learn music theory then analyze the tune, should kill the nostalgia instantly. it worked for me anyway.

is the fear real that if you know music theory it kills the magic of the muysic

10 minutes ago, cyanobacteria said:

is the fear real that if you know music theory it kills the magic of the muysic

you think that happened to beethoven or ligeti

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, xox said:

you think that happened to beethoven or ligeti

truer words have rarely been spoken on this forum. 

this misguided notion needs to disappear once and for all: learning music theory doesn't kill the magic, just as learning how to use any tool doesn't kill the magic. on the other hand, misusing your tool does, and having nothing but shitty ideas does. the magic is in yourself, not in the music (sounds like a tacky slogan, i know, sorry about that). if the magic disappears once you've learnt music theory, that just means there wasn't much magic in you to begin with, imo.

Edited by brian trageskin
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Burger 1

3 minutes ago, brian trageskin said:

truer words have rarely been spoken on this forum. 

this misguided notion needs to disappear once and for all: learning music theory doesn't kill the magic, just as learning how to use a tool doesn't kill the magic. on the other hand, misusing your tool does kill the magic, and having nothing but shitty ideas do. the magic is in yourself, not in the music (sounds like a tacky slogan i know, sorry about that). if the magic disappears once you've learnt music theory, that just means there wasn't much magic in you to begin with, imo.

totally agree! that's why i set my goal to learn the theory. lot's of other thing to do before that but i hope to start in summer. finally, id say!

• Like 1