IGNORED

Mause - XOR EP

mause

New project up for pre's on NPM!!

! XOR EP - my most acidic venture yet!! the cutoff on my 303 is now a bit beat up bcos of this record ? worth it tho!!

Available to order on the label's bandcamp, website or through one of a number of stores online!

Hope you enjoy!!

also, MBC003 - Run/Stop EP is coming soon!! we've had a string of delays but its on its way!!

?

Edited by mause
  • Like 5

hell yeah dude

was listening to AbleSEQ_4 ACID [VermoLogT] today, any chance you could put that up for downloading so I can play it tomorrow at a small party?

Edited by chronical
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chronical said:

hell yeah dude

was listening to AbleSEQ_4 ACID [VermoLogT] today, any chance you could put that up for downloading so I can play it tomorrow at a small party?

oh sure thing mate, i'll make it downloadable on soundcloud! (its not mastered but it should be ok..mixed it quite punchy for brainrave). hope the party enjoys it, let me know how it goes!! ? 

Edited by mause

Just now, mause said:

oh sure thing mate, i'll make it downloadable on soundcloud! hope the party enjoys it, let me know how it goes!! ? 

thank you ? will do! digging these previews, wish I could buy a tape of it since I dont really collect wax :music:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, chronical said:

thank you ? will do! digging these previews, wish I could buy a tape of it since I dont really collect wax :music:

ahh tape would be nice, maybe one day!

if i still had my tascam 488 i'd burn one for ya..sold that thing tho ?

Just now, mause said:

ahh tape would be nice, maybe one day!

if i still had my tascam 488 i'd burn one for ya..sold that thing tho ?

hehe I have a 488mkII here but it's noisy as hell, need to clean it up.. kind of you though! btw do you collect a lot of your stems? been meaning to ask you if i can remix one of yours, if you'd like that ofc

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, chronical said:

hehe I have a 488mkII here but it's noisy as hell, need to clean it up.. kind of you though! btw do you collect a lot of your stems? been meaning to ask you if i can remix one of yours, if you'd like that ofc

ahh doope! yeah get the heads cleaned up and do the belts while your in there, those things are so fuckin good. driving a 303 to fuck through it was my fav thing, proper narsty shit.

depends on the track but usually i keep em backed up yeah, slide into my DM's an i'll see what i can sort out for you! always happy for a remix ? 

8 minutes ago, milkface said:

Very nice stuff, each track was as energetic as the last. Love the third one in particular!

cheers!! its a nice and dance-y record but keeps things weird and fulla flavour, in my opinion

Edited by mause
  • Like 2

Those previews sound ace !!

Also I'm taking advantage of this thread just to say that I stumbled on your UBAL EP the other day and that I loved it to bits :music:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stock said:

Those previews sound ace !!

Also I'm taking advantage of this thread just to say that I stumbled on your UBAL EP the other day and that I loved it to bits :music:

ahh thanks bud! really appreciate it!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, o00o said:

I really like the first track! Can you elaborate on your workflow? What kind of daw are you recording to? 

thanks! that first track is probly my fav from the record, glad you like it!!

im on ableton at the moment. sequencing either in ableton, or sequencing on machines, then recording. trouble with sequencing exclusively on a lot of the synths i have (ms101 and minilogue are the biggest offenders of this) is the length of the sequences..cant really get enough variety in there. saving up for a cirklon though, thas guna be fun hehe.

every track is different in terms of workflow..generally though im sequencing most of it in an ableton proj then recording it as live as i can. always try to do as much mixing on the go as poss, eq on the desk rather than after the fact in daw, stuff like that.

303 is hardware seq'd on a tt303v1 because it just sounds much better than trying to get a midi pattern feigning a convincing "acid" sound, only times i do seq acid in bleton is when its impossible for the hardware to do it, then i get on a vst or some shit, lol, and a fair bit of my basses are done on the minilog seq when it isnt insufferably boring with only 16 steps or i can be arsed to make multiple patterns..

been eager to get into using trackers again lately, traded my c64 for an electric bass (which i never got, thanks cam ?) a few years ago, but i was learning how to use some of the tracker software on that, makin jungle an shit. but for now disabledton is doing the job p gud, when i can break off to seq on the cirk i'll probably use protools for recording, far prefer it for straight recording.

if you got specific questions lemmie know, i think that kinda umbrellas most of what im doing..i think

Edited by mause

Ah thx that’s really interesting- how about synthesis? Are you doing it during the sequencing while laying the tracks or beforehand and what’s your technique? 

Edited by o00o
  • Like 1

On 5/25/2021 at 11:24 AM, o00o said:

Ah thx that’s really interesting- how about synthesis? Are you doing it during the sequencing while laying the tracks or beforehand and what’s your technique? 

more often i try to get the patch mostly laid out first then work on the seq, maybe altering the patch as ya go but try to get the basics of the patch in before writing.

i find its much easier to start with the sound of a patch guiding the seqs then go into more detail after ideas have been sketched.

Edited by mause

• 6 months later...