IGNORED

Jean-Michel Jarre - Amazônia

Rubin Farr

It's a lot less new agey than I expected. Some nice beats and weird sounds in there. Occasionally veers into typical Jarre territory, but on the whole it feels like new territory for him, especially after his last couple of revisiting the past albums.

• Like 2

Wow, what a pleasant surprise. Also was expecting new age cheese but this is really original and different for him. Really cool concept album, some shades of Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement, FSOL, BOC, etc.

• Like 1

This is actually rather excellent from Jarre. There were moments when I thought "Any moment now, the arpeggiators are gonna hit and the drums patterns begin".

Luckily, he thought better of it.

Some good restraint shown here (considering the vast array of studio technology at his disposal) and it pays off well on this album.

Like Eno might have once told him, "Less is sometimes more."

• Like 1

Might check this out if you think it’s worth it.

Was a massive Jarre fan back in the day, long before the year of my discovery of our Lord Aphex Twin.

Edited by beerwolf

Wow. This has been on repeat for me all weekend. I never imagined he'd do anything this good so late in his career. Some really beautiful (and odd) sounds on here. It's like floating down the Amazon and every so often passing by little, isolated settlements.

An incredible piece of work.

• Like 1