IGNORED

SOISONG - Broadcasts #1 - 10

kirm

These are so good strong contender for my fav release so far this year

On 02.01.2021 truck drivers and winemakers in Bordeaux region, France, witnessed an unusual radio transmission on AM carrier frequency 1202.1 kHz. The signal was weak and contained no information except for what sounded like a radio call from an unknown station. However, two of the witnesses also reported hearing voices reading numbers, and an announcement of a forthcoming "soisong" broadcast on 22.01.2021, at 20:21 CET.. To investigate the content of the forthcoming transmission with help of independent externals observers, a newly created scientific committee engaged a well equipped local radio station, Station Essense, with a purpose to track down and amplify the signal to the levels sufficient for live internet streaming. On Friday, January 22, 2021 the announced transmission was intercepted by the station, this recording is now made available here in its original quality

• Like 7

New Soisong is an interesting prospect! Enjoy what I have heard of them, especially the stuff with the synthetic vocalisations

• mcbpete changed the title to Soisong - Broadcast #1 - #4

Really great stuff all around, so glad Ivan made these available for wider consumption. I really enjoyed the Jarman OST as well and finally completed my SoiSong cd collection this year (minus the impossible rare memory box).

Edited by kichiguy

• 2 weeks later...
  • mcbpete changed the title to Soisong - Broadcast #1 - #5
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • kirm changed the title to Soisong - Broadcast #1 - #6
On 9/8/2021 at 10:17 AM, kirm said:

That track that comes it an 06:10 is just ??? Like a drum & bass / breakbeaty remix of some Bohren & der Club of Gore track, just unbelievably beautiful!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 7 fabulous sets deep and I'm still none the wiser - Are these new pieces, are they old thingies, are they remixes/reworkings of old thingies, or are they bespoke tracks just for these 'broadcasts' - Or all the above ?!

• mcbpete changed the title to Soisong - Broadcast #1 - #7

Also not sure! Though think it's a mixture old stuff new stuff and mixes of other people's stuff..

I like the fact its ambiguous though fits the whole spooky broadcast vibe..really is like tuning in to some haunted radio station from another dimension!

• Like 3

• mcbpete changed the title to Soisong - Broadcast #1 - #8

#8 enters the fray ! Top quality release as usual, but the first third in particular is just *chefs kiss* - especially the sludgy-slomo-lynchian-death-triphop piece starting around 8 minutes :wub:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mcbpete said:

#8 enters the fray ! Top quality release as usual, but the first third in particular is just *chefs kiss* - especially the sludgy-slomo-lynchian-death-triphop piece starting around 8 minutes :wub:

omg yes! i'm freaking loving this section too. anything sounding familiar here? got a datacide vibe too it. particularly wondering about the track around 23 minutes in.

Edited by kichiguy

29 minutes ago, Username said:

I think there was some morse code at 2min in the first one, have yet to decipher it though.

Not 100% sure but I think it was the same as is said by the robot-y voices ('You are listening to a Soisong broadcast ......')

1 minute ago, mcbpete said:

Not 100% sure but I think it was the same as is said by the robot-y voices ('You are listening to a Soisong broadcast ......')

Could be, it seems to be showing up in the other broadcasts.