IGNORED

Cam Deas x Jung An Tagen - Presentism LP

d-a-m-o

Out this Friday ➜ DIAG059 ⊹ Cam Deas x Jung An Tagen ▹ Presentism LP ⬄ Special thanks to @camdeas and @jungantagen for the music ⬀ video by the artists ❊ ‘Presentism’ opens new wormholes of pursuit for two leading exponents of avant electronics. Its eight tracks form a probing study into techno dialectics between states of past, present, and future, and between the approaches of notation, improvisation, and recording. It seems intent on unravelling techno’s fixation with grids and loops, or an “eternal present”, and reorients the way we experience time itself. In the context of radical dancefloor music, they move in the footsteps of Mark Fell, Gábor Lázár, or Russell Haswell, rendering rudely rhythm-driven results . . . forever in anticipation of those elusive kicks → ? vinyl edition of 220 copies 

edit : WARNING CONTAINS FLASHING IMAGES

Edited by d-a-m-o
  • Like 2

Computer music ? Not taking the piss, that's actually how I refer to it (and I've been obsessed with all its nuances for a little while now).
Regarding labels, Conditional, Superpang, Editions Mego, UIQ, OOH Sounds, CODEPENDENT, PAN... come to mind. Fascinating stuff to discover ;)

• Like 1

Totally off topic but would any of you be able to identify what this patch entails?

I was thinking something sample and hold on the pitch or filter idk, Sounds beautiful. The patch after that 44 has the same effect there is obv delay but what else.

Edited by Wunderbar

Too bad there are so few additive synths available though, it’s hard not to sound like Gabor Lazar when using Razor / Lazerbass.