IGNORED

Cam Deas x Jung An Tagen - Presentism LP

d-a-m-o

If you climb up current computer music's genealogy, SND / Mark Fell are milestones. Super influential definitely. Just like Aphex with braindance, or Juan Atkins with techno.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

You guys got any knowledge on what these guys use to make music? sounds super fmie to me.

Additive synthesis most likely for all these recent releases. 2000~ SND is certainly FM though.

You can get close-ish with FM, but it’s effortless with a synth like Razor or Harmor. With FM I’ve yet to nail that hyper-sharpness / definition. I’m all ears if anyone has cracked the code ;)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nil said:

Additive synthesis most likely for all these recent releases. 2000~ SND is certainly FM though.

You can get close-ish with FM, but it’s effortless with a synth like Razor or Harmor. With FM I’ve yet to nail that hyper-sharpness / definition. I’m all ears if anyone has cracked the code ?

You got a specific song u are wondering about ? when u mention that fm sharpness.

Edited by Wunderbar

8 hours ago, Nil said:

Too bad there are so few additive synths available though, it’s hard not to sound like Gabor Lazar when using Razor / Lazerbass.

Yeah for whatever reason it’s one synthesis method that doesn’t seem that popular outside of this subgenre. It can sound wicked in capable hands though. 

On 4/30/2021 at 2:52 PM, Nil said:

You can get close-ish with FM, but it’s effortless with a synth like Razor or Harmor. With FM I’ve yet to nail that hyper-sharpness / definition. I’m all ears if anyone has cracked the code ?

@Nil whats the closest you ever gotten ?  I feel like i got a patch that resembles it somewhat on dexed wondering if u got anything of yourself i can compare it to.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The opening track is a banger. The style is nice and uplifting, but also exhausting -- it's a bit contradictory in effect when the setup is minimal and then it has such a wild panning of sounds like it's an attack on orientation. 

Anyway a welcome addition to the camp after Lazar went more rigid