IGNORED

Squarepusher Q&A (feat. Steve Davis)

pizza

Whilst Steve Davis is known as Mr Boring in the snooker world .. he's actually quite interesting! I've seen him do a Q&A at a modular synth show a few years ago. He lived in Sheffield and learned about idm from the original warp records shop. He's a big fan of Autechre and presumably the pusher too. This should actually be really interesting

Dammit...apparently it's UK only because of the physical album copy they throw in with purchase.  Why can't they do a Q&A only ticket for overseas fans?

31 minutes ago, phudoshin said:

all they gonna talk about is their best breaks....

... i'll get my waistcoat

I came here to post something similar ? - beat me too it - respect ✊? 

I’ve been to a night where Steve DJ’d - he’s good, played a right mix of stuff and he gets into it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wunderbar said:

I feel like the the dude is unfortunately struggling for money with the cancellation of his live shows etc.

Need money? The proper answer is release the kraken Methyl Orange 

• Like 3

On 5/5/2021 at 3:34 AM, Wunderbar said:

I feel like the the dude is unfortunately struggling for money with the cancellation of his live shows etc.

isn't he one of the top selling warp artists? i think he's probably doing fine. he's maybe smart enough to have a financial plan and not leave it up to chance. 

i remember in an ae interview they were asked about squarepusher and said his stuff is awesome and he probably doesn't have to worry about a job ever. maybe watercooler talk around warp HQ is his bank account is healthy longterm. 

discussing this kind of stuff always makes me uncomfortable. like looking in on an actor in IMDB who popped up in some show to see if the actor is getting work "ok that random person who is good in a thing from long time ago is going to be fine.. back to the show" 

• Like 2

I mean he is never going to end up on the street or anything. But  i feel like he just has to do stuff he probably doesnt really like like song remixes these interviews and how many albums has warp reissued ? I think its all just unlucky timing with the pandemic. He was probably about to stack up some cash with live shows. But wtf do i know man just weird speculation.

Edited by Wunderbar

On 5/5/2021 at 2:29 PM, White Rainbow said:

Need money? The proper answer is release the kraken Methyl Orange 

Tom pls.