what is the worst word in the english language or othger languages? i'm wondering because i  onsider using it when im really angry

look at me

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

as words are defined not by the words themselves but the cultural and social context in which they appear, the worst word would probably appear in a language with heavy use of obligatory honorifics su

For anyone interested in how usage of cunt goes over in USA I don't really find words inherently bad or worse than others, like anything it's context context context.  That said, my fav

In today's Word on Wurst news: Wurst luck: half-eaten sausage helps German police solve cold case Inquiry into 2012 burglary is revived after French police turn up a

Posted (edited)

It depends on your audience, calling someone a cunt in the US will make them recoil in horror, in the UK or Australia it can be a term of endearment. Racist epithets are always a safe bet.

Words-Cannot_KRUI.jpg

It's always been very disturbing to me that there are countless (sex and promiscuity related) words to insult women with, but only a few you can insulta a man with.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 2

my years ago ex girlfriend once had an exchange student from the united Kingdom who told me cunt is the worst word but i dont reallyy understand why? why is it the female genetalia that is used as a bad word and not so much the male one? dick cock etc is all indecent thing 2 say but not quite as bad as cunt afaik. never really understoof why that is

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, dingformung said:

my years ago ex girlfriend once had an exchange student from the united Kingdom who told me cunt is the worst word but i dont reallyy understand why?

That exchange student must've been a bit posh, because in common UK/Australian vernacular cunt is an extremely flexible word, from an insult to calling someone a true friend. I guess douche could be a matching US insult, yet again something to do with female genitalia.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

If you're after imaginative insults, look no further than the Scottish; they've got it covered, although they're not that easy to understand (unless translated or you've read a lot of Irvine Welsh).

Edited by dcom
  • Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, dcom said:

It depends on your audience, calling someone a cunt in the US will make them recoil in horror, in the UK or Australia it can be a term of endearment. Racist epithets are always a safe bet.

cunt is still a strong insult in the UK it's definitely not a term of endearment lol

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, milkface said:

cunt is still a strong insult in the UK it's definitely not a term of endearment lol

Tell that my UK and Australian friends.

Edited by dcom
Just now, dcom said:

He's right.  There are contexts where it can be less offensive, but it's not the same as when a bogan uses it.  It's likely that your UK friends just think you're a cunt.  

• Haha 2
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, kakapo said:

It's likely that your UK friends just think you're a cunt.  

Wouldn't be surprised as they're cunts, too. But I have to admit that it's more prevalent with the Ozzies.

Edited by dcom
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, dcom said:

I am from the UK though, it's 100% an insult, nowhere near as serious as in the USA but it's not a nice word to call someone. In Australia on the other hand it's just like saying 'mate' at the end of a sentence so it's different.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, milkface said:

I am from the UK though, it's 100% an insult, nowhere near as serious as in the USA but it's not a nice word to call someone.

OK, thank you for clearing that up, now I feel like a twat - but then cunt would work as a general insult towards any non-Australian English. Add racial epithets to the mix and you can probably get a rise out of most people.

Edited by dcom

16 minutes ago, milkface said:

But in the UK you can call a guy a cunt and not be a weirdo, whereas in the US, you’d get strange looks before being punched in the face.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, dcom said:

of8iEQl.jpg

• Haha 2

In today's Word on Wurst news:

Wurst luck: half-eaten sausage helps German police solve cold case

Inquiry into 2012 burglary is revived after French police turn up a DNA match for unrelated crime

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/mar/12/wurst-luck-half-eaten-sausage-helps-german-police-solve-cold-case

German police say they have solved a nine-year-old burglary case after DNA found on a half-eaten piece of sausage matched that of a man detained in France over an unrelated crime.

Police in the western town of Schwelm said on Thursday the sausage belonged to the victim, and the suspect – a 30-year-old Albanian citizen – appeared to have helped himself to a bite during the break-in in Gevelsberg in March 2012.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2021/mar/12/wurst-luck-half-eaten-sausage-helps-german-police-solve-cold-case

• Haha 3
Posted (edited)

Immer wieder erstaunlich, wie wenig Respekt dieses Zigeunerpack vor dem Privateigentum ordentlicher Bürger hat. Alles wird geklaut, was nicht niet- und nagelfest ist, auch ganze Scheunen. Und das alles unter dem Deckmantel einer angeblichen Armut. Eine Sauerei ist das!

Edited by dingformung
Posted (edited)

try to say "unique New York" out loud three times fast. i can't even say it one time slow

Edited by Cryptowen
  • Sad 1
3 minutes ago, dingformung said:

Immer wieder erstaunlich, wie wenig Respekt dieses Zigeunerpack vor dem Privateigentum ordentlicher Bürger hat.

Ach du lieber Himmel!

• Haha 1

In Danish you can say “kraftedeme” which in old Danish means “cancer eat me”. 

• Like 1

in french it's cyril hanouna 

which basically means "get fucked by your grandma's corpse and die a violent death you worthless piece of trash"

• Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1
2 hours ago, dcom said:

Words-Cannot_KRUI.jpg

It's always been very disturbing to me that there are countless (sex and promiscuity related) words to insult women with, but only a few you can insulta a man with.

fun bag is srsly offending imo.

Posted (edited)

Auta miqula orqu

Spoiler

Go kiss an orc.

Edited by iococoi