IGNORED

Rainforest Spiritual Enslavement - Flying Fish Ambience

new album from this killer project, via dominick fernow and phillipe hallais (low jack)! followup to 2017's ambient black magic

available digitally now from bandcamp or directly from hospital productions as physical releases

preorders available as a standalone 2xLP or as part of the 4xCS box set seashell altars which contains the new record with two exclusive bonus tracks, new companion EP jellyfish reproduce black magic, and a title CS containing two longform tracks

there was a special vinyl test press edition including the companion EP, available now and not in 6wks, but it sold out almost instantly... figures

sounding dope!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Polytrix said:

Will check this out.

Digitals price?

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

$9. And then $30 for a tshirt, $50 for 4 tapes and $65 for a windbreaker... 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Jamesqdot said:

God damn it... I ordered this from the Hospital Productions website. Then realised you can get the LP editions from Bandcamp as well so I’ve missed out on the digital.

If you reach out to the label / artist with your order # there is a chance theyll hook you up with a download code.  Sometimes vinyl comes with a printed download code, not sure about this label tho

I've also pirated the digitals from an album I bought physically without remorse, but that is less kosher.

Need to listen to this again but apart from the more synthy sections towards end of main record I didn't think it was particulary different. But then I suppose that's the point.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, fumi said:

This sounds good but the recent Jarre release (in a very similar vein) is way better. It's not even close.

i assume youre referring to jean-michel jarre - amazonia? i just checked it out and imo the two are not at all in the same vein, other than they both use forest samples.

the jarre stuff is more emotionally direct and with a cinematic-ambient edge. while rse is more abstract in its mood/tone, and owes more to dub in its structure (especially 'snake head cemetary')

Edited by markedone
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, fumi said:

This sounds good but the recent Jarre release (in a very similar vein) is way better. It's not even close.

this reminded me of that comment on discogs that compares RSE to FSoL - i really struggle to see the similarly. not sure where you're coming from tbh

• Like 1