IGNORED

Korea Town Acid releases her first full length, Metamorphosis

splesh

a3221354049_10.jpg
https://k-t-a.bandcamp.com/album/metamorphosis

First LP from one of Toronto's finest DJs though with a somewhat different style from what she often had done with live performances. She just signed with URBNET Nonetheless, this is some really cool stuff combining influences of jazz, 90s hip hop, house, ambient, some very familiar sounds but with some very nice contemporary sound design to it, too. Trippy, dreamy, slightly squiggly at times, sharper, duller. The lyrics... are not a highlight for me, at least the English ones I can make out. The Korean ones, might be a different story, but I don't speak Korean. Only two tracks are (just a teensy bit) over three minutes. The whole thing is only like 28 and a half minutes. She was going to open for Squarepusher in Toronto (maybe elsewhere, too) and I hope that if the concert that was postponed due to COVID-19 ends up being rescheduled, she still gets to do that. Although the track Into the Future is rather like drill & bass meets balearic, if you're after something more IDMy, you might prefer 2018's Mahogani Forest. Both are worth your time.

Edited by splesh