IGNORED

TemeTape 2: Low Jack B2B Simo Cell/Simo Cell B2B Peverelist

splesh

The previous instalment in this series, TemeTape 1, featured Simo Cell and Skee Mask doing some excellent stuff with each side a different BPM feel. I've never seen Skee Mask, Low Jack, or Peverelist live yet, sad to say, but I can certainly attest to Simo Cell's excellence as a live DJ who plays a range of fairly eclectic styles in a way that makes them fit together naturally in a way that makes for an awesome dancefloor experience. Already loving productions by all three gentlemen (and I think I've heard a mix or two by Pev besides just Simo Cell), I'm sure I will greatly enjoy these mixtapes

a1994274442_10.jpg

https://simocell.bandcamp.com/album/temetape2-low-jack-peverelist-simo-cell

"Keeping up the proper dancefloor traction of the label’s Simo Cell & Skee Mask sesh and E-Unity 12”, Brittany meets Bristol in a heavyweight showdown for Temetape2, working up one side of ruffly 138bpm steppers and one side of 100bpm (and below) dembow and dancehall mutations from the late ’90s to 2020. The trio's mutual love of Caribbean rhythms, and their diasporic offshoots, means the results are seriously rooted yet wickedly prone to ruder curveballs from the top shelf of both artists’ enviable collections.

On the A-side Pev & Simo turn the timeline from early ‘00s to 2020 inside out, running killer drums and duppied sound designs from the early heyday of dubstep, thru the infectious percussions of UKF, to grimy breaks and technoid twiss-ups, including no doubt at least one of Pev’s own zingers up in it. With the flipside Low Jack and Simo bring the tempo down a few gears to work around slippery dembow patterns, shuffling up recent gear off Livity Sound with late ‘90s ragga instrumentals, proper, and at least a few of Low Jack’s bashy, dare-to-be-different edits for the meanest sort of clipped dancehall pressure."
-boomkat.com