IGNORED

Traditional Music - The Thread

thefxbip

I don't know if this will interest anyone else in here, but i quite like to discover traditional music from around the world.So here is a thread for it.

Post traditional/classical/ancient music related links.

I'll start with a few nice ones i found on youtube.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Thu Zaw said:

Love Zakir Hussain.

We've got a "World Music" thread going on here this stuff would fit nicely into: 

Ah so there is one for World Music! i thought i saw it pass by, i couldn't find it with search! thanks

If no one minds i would still keep mine to have one to be focused on ancient/traditional/classical traditions tho.I think it could be nice to have one focus on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thu Zaw said:

The harmonies in this Bulgarian choral music... Jaw dropping

it makes me so happy that even if humanity lost literally everything and became cave dwellers the music could be maintained

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2021 at 12:08 PM, Thu Zaw said:

The harmonies in this Bulgarian choral music... Jaw dropping

Beautiful. Timeless. LOVE those kind of vocal ornementations. It also has some renaissance madrigal vibes near the end. Very impressive!

Edited by thefxbip

I have shared it on the harp and world music thread but I like to keep sharing it when I can.. traditional music from my home country.. 

On 6/13/2019 at 12:40 PM, MIXL2 said:

the music from the border between Colombia and Venezuela features the harp plenty.. I dunno how it is now but back when I lived there this stuff would play everywhere all the time.. radio, on clubs etc.. was p surreal thinking back on it now

(edit: take a listen to 1:30)

a couple more..

and some more random pieces I remember from my time growing up in South America

edit: some more I remembered 

Edited by MIXL2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, brian trageskin said:

this is my new favourite genre. 

these guys should eat less pizza though.

Less pizza? wot????

Pizza is life you fuken Tregaskin you

But yeah.These guys are FIERCE.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Joyrex said:

Maybe this topic title should be changed to Regional or Indigenous Music? Ethnic Music? I dunno?

Why? Traditional music seems fitting. It encompasses all those things and more.  There is traditional music in nearly every country and culture. To call it ''Ethnic'' thread makes no sense. And regional will soon become filled with modern pop equivalent (like the world thread)

No, traditional is fine.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, MIXL2 said:

the music from the border between Colombia and Venezuela features the harp plenty.. I dunno how it is now but back when I lived there this stuff would play everywhere all the time.. radio, on clubs etc.. was p surreal thinking back on it now

(edit: take a listen to 1:30)

Had no idea the harp was used around those places! The first one ''Predestinacion'' is amazing.

• 1 year later...