IGNORED

Inkipak - S/T (Mighty Force)

dcom

Inkipak's second album, now out on Mighty Force. Beautiful breakbeat driven melodic electronics and some acid, highly recommended.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 5

• 5 months later...

I’ll start this off by saying that Inkipak is one of my favorite artists working in the IDM genre at the moment. He emerges from a new school of talent alongside artists such as Komarebi, Tarsiform and several others who all seemingly release on the same labels, Mighty Force and Ping Discs.

Every piece on Inkipak’s self-titled album is meticulously crafted, it’s very intelligent IDM, with lush synths underpinned by the warmest of basslines that allows the music to develop with ease and perfection.

Inkipak often has epic progressions in his music, just when you think you’re hitting the peak, another layer comes in, kicks the track up a notch and engages the listener in a very uplifting way. He’s also an expert beat programmer, in fact everything about his productions is expert. Recently, Mighty Force and Ping Discs did a collaboration album in memory of the great Clive Sinclair, inventor of the Spectrum computers and arguably the accidental enabler of IDM. Inkipak features on this fantastic release too, alongside some fantastic artists from the Mighty Force/ Ping Discs stable.

I like how Inkipak makes use of the full sonic spectrum and he’s an artist you can tell is at ease with his machines. He also has a great ear for melody and it’s these melodies that make his music stand out. They’re not the music box nostalgia style memories you often hear in IDM. These are clever melodies, lush sounding and quite beautiful. Undoubtedly an intelligent producer, you can tell he loves his craft as the album is perfect from start to finish. It’s honestly hard to find a flaw anywhere and I genuinely believe that’s because it’s a flawless album. It’s in the top three IDM style albums I’ve heard this year. Fantastic stuff.

Igloo says things.

• 2 months later...

A full album Mix of Inkipak’s S/T avail on the mighty force bandcamp. 
https://mightyforce.bandcamp.com/album/inkipak-mighty-force-30th-birthday-original-album-preview-mix

This is the preview mix for Inkipak's album on Mighty Force that was broadcast on 14/02/21 on Love Summer Radio as part of the 30th birthday celebration evening for the label. The mix was never played again or uploaded to the internet. Included is the as yet unreleased, full 18 minute version of Et Amor Lacrimae.”

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...