IGNORED

Danny Elfman - Big Mess

I wish this connected to me more, since it's right up my alley (well-crafted experimental art rock with industrial influences). Reminds me of Bowie's Outside a bit.
Some of the aggression feels a bit forced, maybe because i know it's made by a senior citizen on a laptop whose day job is scoring movies...

1 hour ago, gnarlybog said:

I wish this connected to me more, since it's right up my alley (well-crafted experimental art rock with industrial influences). Reminds me of Bowie's Outside a bit.
Some of the aggression feels a bit forced, maybe because i know it's made by a senior citizen on a laptop whose day job is scoring movies...

He still has his early 80s art rock mindset, which is cool for a guy his age, but he is of another era, and his cheesiness might not resonate with listeners today, like say Devo did in their day 

Album Artwork: Sarah Sitkin

if you aren't familiar w/her stuff she's amazing. check her instagram. she doesn't post much anymore but her history of posts is full of awesome stuff. you've probably seen some of it before somewhere and didn't realize. 

https://www.instagram.com/sarahsitkin/

^^^

album is mental. i like all the changes and heaviness. it's twisted guitar music. 

• 1 month later...

cool album, definitely something i will return to

elfman on maron's podcast scorches the current american situation. starts at 49:10. http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-1232-danny-elfman

On 6/13/2021 at 7:55 AM, gnarlybog said:

he was authentically livid about rampant deception, american authoritarianism, and a plague spread by the demagogue

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1