IGNORED

Tyler, The Creator - Call Me If You Get Lost

thumbass

https://www.callmeifyougetlost.com/

(Video:)

He's continuing his new album every 2 years cycle. I don't know how much traction this is going to gain here but at least I am exited, I've been following h for years now. Love Wolf, Cherry Bomb, Flower Boy and IGOR so the hype is real.

Releasing June 25th!

Edited by thumbass
  • Like 4

Same, watching him grow as an artist has been amazing. He's evolved massively with each album do ik curious to see what he does with this one. It doesn't need to be some revolutionary work, new Tyler is always welcome.

dig his stuff but still havent (yet) got around to check out any of his solo albums. i guess igor is a good start?

these new tracks are not bad - but is it just me or are his vocals a bit low /muddy in the mix?

adore his feature on this track from last year

Edited by markedone

1 hour ago, markedone said:

dig his stuff but still havent (yet) got around to check out any of his solo albums. i guess igor is a good start?

these new tracks are not bad - but is it just me or are his vocals a bit low /muddy in the mix?

adore his feature on this track from last year

If you like his rnb/melodic side, Flower Boy is my favorite solo album of his. Felt like he really matured on that album, both in terms of the lyrical content and his production.

I gotta get more listens in but so far I like this new one a lot too.

• Like 1

Been loving this one on first listen! Idk if it's going to top Igor since that resonates with me on a personal level but it sounds great nonetheless. Really enjoy the more rap heavy sound he's going for again, Tyler is the only guy that can reinvent himself with each new album and never miss.

Edited by thumbass

If you like his rnb/melodic side, Flower Boy is my favorite solo album of his. Felt like he really matured on that album, both in terms of the lyrical content and his production.
I gotta get more listens in but so far I like this new one a lot too.

Agreed on Flower Boy, I’d start there and then Igor.

I’ve only gotten through about half the new one so far today, and not paying full attention as I was in and out of the car. Not blown away by anything yet but almost anything in this style takes a few listens for me. I didn’t love Flower Boy right away (my first Tyler) and came to really love it over the years, and Igor took a few spins too. I think both of those had at least one or two immediate stand-outs though.

Bit disappointed in this one after 3 listens. That DJ Drama can get fucked, he’s so annoying. Aside from that, the good songs just don’t hit the same way as the last few albums, and don’t feel as developed. Missing the amount of neo-soul present on Flower Boy and Igor. This feels more like trying to appease fans of his earlier albums, and I respect that as opposed to going even more mainstream. Though as much as I tend to steer clear of the mainstream with music I listen to, Tyler is one of those whose more pop side I like best I guess.

Think I need to just set this aside for a couple weeks and come back to it.

The album is turning out to be a strong aoty cotender, it just keeps getting better.

Also this mf needs to make a movie! The cinematography of his music vids are amazing

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, milkface said:

It's been 2 years since Call Me If You Get Lost. New single = new album?

It's an EP of Call Me if You Get Lost outtakes as far as I can tell, but one can hope. He usually does stick to the new album every two years timeline.

• Like 1