Jump to content

Shackleton - Departing Like Rivers (Woe To The Septic Heart!)


Recommended Posts

This looks and sounds badass.  For all my fellow digital vinyl cyberpunks out there, it would appear that this is out :sorcerer: now!

Oh and what a sassy cocktease putting up 15 ltd white labels too

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, BobDobalina said:

This looks and sounds badass.  For all my fellow digital vinyl cyberpunks out there, it would appear that this is out :sorcerer: now!

Oh and what a sassy cocktease putting up 15 ltd white labels too

How do you know how it sounds? I can't find any snippets.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eclipsis said:

How do you know how it sounds? I can't find any snippets.

Soz I was just going off the sample track.  I thought the others were listenable but apparently not :cattears:

I also might have to walk back that comment about the album being available for download now, will know for sure when I try to buy it this evening from heimcomputer.  It definitely doesn't say anything about a pre-order, nor are they unwilling to take payment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

It definitely doesn't say anything about a pre-order, nor are they unwilling to take payment.

The Bandcamp page quite clearly says Pre-order.

image.png.e188e7208a49eac51bed698ebcb67d8d.png

Edited by dcom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, BobDobalina said:

Soz I was just going off the sample track.  I thought the others were listenable but apparently not :cattears:

I also might have to walk back that comment about the album being available for download now, will know for sure when I try to buy it this evening from heimcomputer.  It definitely doesn't say anything about a pre-order, nor are they unwilling to take payment.

Oh, it works now! There was no playable track on bandcamp when I wrote the comment. Looks like it was taken "down" for a minute. I even tried refreshing the page then and tried to play the embedded track on various sites but nothing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sounds similar to Music For The Quiet Hour/The Drawbar Organ era which I'm VERY pleased with. I kinda lost touch with Shack somewhere mid his vocal composition album series.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

It's not unheard of that Bandcamp pre-order releases are fully downloadable by mistake - I've had the chance to do that several times (with other releases than this one) before the release were reset to a minimal subset of preview tracks.

Edited by dcom
Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, dcom said:

The Bandcamp page quite clearly says Pre-order.

image.png.e188e7208a49eac51bed698ebcb67d8d.png

 

7 minutes ago, dcom said:

It's not unheard of that Bandcamp pre-order releases are fully downloadable by mistake - I've had the chance to do that several times (with other releases than this one) before the release were reset to a minimal subset of preview tracks.

It definitely/defiantly did not say pre-order when I first visited this morning.  Reckon they must've fixed the glitch as you suspect.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was able to snag the album and listened to it earlier. Yes, it is like an updated Drawbar - which is great cause that’s some of my favorite stuff from him.

Really great first impression.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Got sigs turned off so hope this still makes sense. 
 

I’m still trying to wrap my head around reach the endless sea, this sample track is like a familiar warm bongo bath. Lovely. 

Edited by user
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Extralife said:

I was able to snag the album and listened to it earlier. Yes, it is like an updated Drawbar - which is great cause that’s some of my favorite stuff from him.

Really great first impression.

sounds like the shack i like. so it was up for a minute it seems…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That preview track is immense.  Love how its obviously flowing straight into the next track.  This is gonna be a real trip.

I have a feeling it will be released before September if its already leaked - he writes in the bio its all self released through his Woe! label so he can press the button whenever he likes really.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

This is out now on bandcamp digital. Was a limited run of vinyl with art print 25 in total but Sam messaged saying it will be in normal shops too via a larger vinyl run. Sounds great to me.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...