IGNORED

Shackleton - Departing Like Rivers (Woe To The Septic Heart!)

dcom

• 2 weeks later...

i was having a good time, smoking a joint and then i played this record. i crapped my pants throught the whole album except maybe the last half minute praising god i survived and it was almost over.

gonna roll another one and listen to it again 10/10

• Like 5

Yeah I've got the vinyl now. It's definitely like tripping music even tho I know that sounds contrived. A lot of the synth tones remind me a lot of that trippy Coil album which is high praise. It's definitely quite a heavy album tho. Not something you can just throw on. I'm also not totally sure if I jive with the perc as I find I'm constantly waiting for an old school kick snare shack thing but it never ever ever locks in. I think that's very intentional tho.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I also was fucking wasted when I first decided to play this. The first track melted my brain in such a peculiar way, I couldn’t cope and actually switched it off….it was too much. I think I started gurning and dribbling, like an big fat swamp toad that’s had a particularly fine supper.  I still haven’t had the balls to go back. 

Either lick the toads back or suckle on the toads sack. I must return. Soon.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Polytrix said:

Yeah I've got the vinyl now. It's definitely like tripping music even tho I know that sounds contrived. A lot of the synth tones remind me a lot of that trippy Coil album which is high praise. It's definitely quite a heavy album tho. Not something you can just throw on. I'm also not totally sure if I jive with the perc as I find I'm constantly waiting for an old school kick snare shack thing but it never ever ever locks in. I think that's very intentional tho.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I've got the vinyl on order, I love the sound of this album. Dark. Tripppy. Surreal. Shack'

Its a very dense, rich album. Hard to focus in on the many elements, weird tuned drum sounds, chiming, vocal samples that sound like goblins. Everything covered in a woozy psychedlic fug. Ive never taken acid but this album sounds like what I imagine that feels like.

Yeah it's dense that for sure. Got to be in the right mind set for sure. I can see this growing into a proper favourite in the same way that other heavy albums are like this. Like you know it's amazing but it's also effortful. Best music is like that tho I think. 

• Like 2

My record turned up today direct from Berlin.  It sounds lush as fuck.  The art, from Zeke, is beautiful as you would expect.

Shackleton is one of my "must buy" artists and this album really is top work.  Gotta be in the mix as AOTY contender. 

• Burger 1