Shackleton - Departing Like Rivers (Woe To The Septic Heart!)

• 2 weeks later...

i was having a good time, smoking a joint and then i played this record. i crapped my pants throught the whole album except maybe the last half minute praising god i survived and it was almost over.

gonna roll another one and listen to it again 10/10

• Like 5

Yeah I've got the vinyl now. It's definitely like tripping music even tho I know that sounds contrived. A lot of the synth tones remind me a lot of that trippy Coil album which is high praise. It's definitely quite a heavy album tho. Not something you can just throw on. I'm also not totally sure if I jive with the perc as I find I'm constantly waiting for an old school kick snare shack thing but it never ever ever locks in. I think that's very intentional tho.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I also was fucking wasted when I first decided to play this. The first track melted my brain in such a peculiar way, I couldn’t cope and actually switched it off….it was too much. I think I started gurning and dribbling, like an big fat swamp toad that’s had a particularly fine supper.  I still haven’t had the balls to go back. 

Either lick the toads back or suckle on the toads sack. I must return. Soon.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Polytrix said:

Yeah I've got the vinyl now. It's definitely like tripping music even tho I know that sounds contrived. A lot of the synth tones remind me a lot of that trippy Coil album which is high praise. It's definitely quite a heavy album tho. Not something you can just throw on. I'm also not totally sure if I jive with the perc as I find I'm constantly waiting for an old school kick snare shack thing but it never ever ever locks in. I think that's very intentional tho.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I've got the vinyl on order, I love the sound of this album. Dark. Tripppy. Surreal. Shack'

Its a very dense, rich album. Hard to focus in on the many elements, weird tuned drum sounds, chiming, vocal samples that sound like goblins. Everything covered in a woozy psychedlic fug. Ive never taken acid but this album sounds like what I imagine that feels like.

Yeah it's dense that for sure. Got to be in the right mind set for sure. I can see this growing into a proper favourite in the same way that other heavy albums are like this. Like you know it's amazing but it's also effortful. Best music is like that tho I think. 

• Like 1