Your top 5 favorite electronic artist?

watmmisdead

hey, thought it would be fun and useful

here's mine in no particular order:

Aphex

Kettel

Bvdub/ earth house hold/ east of oceans

John Beltran/ placid angels

Traumprinz/ dj healer/ dj metatron/ golden baby/ prime minister of doom/ prince of denmark/ the phantasy

• Like 2

the last few months it's been mostly boc, vangelis, carbon based lifeforms, alan hawkshaw (and loads of other library music), eod and fasme.. check this, so gooooood:music:

• Like 2

The Future Sound of London (+ infinite other projects)
Underworld
Orbital
Aphex
Autechre

No obscure names there, but five artists who've been putting out solidly excellent material for 30 years (other than Barking). Deaf Center, Carbon Based Lifeforms and Photek are up there in terms of artists with small discographies; Tangerine Dream would be in the top five if 1972-1988, 2005-2007 and 2014-2015 could be cut from their overall history and presented as a unique collection.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Core Alter / William Fields / Calum Gunn / Notein / Synalegg

Imagine if a label existed with all these amazing artists in one place.

That’d be my very favorite label.

• Like 1

My tastes have changed a lot over the past few years.

But "of all time".... looking at stuff I have purchased and acts I have seen live;

Autechre

Ekoplekz

Underworld

Shackleton

iTAL teK / wAgAwAgA / Venetian Snares (tied)

• Like 1

4 hours ago, dcom said:

Autechre. Plaid. Beaumont Hannant. B12. Carl Finlow. 

(Off-by-one error: Bola.)

Never really have given Finlow a fair shake.  Which would you say are his best releases @dcom?

Also good reminder to dig out my Beaumont cds!

9 hours ago, Extralife said:

Never really have given Finlow a fair shake.

Although Finlow's always been a top shelf producer, there's a very definite stylistic and sound progression from his early works to today, so I'd recommend a chronological approach - but that's quite tedious as there's a lot to trawl through. I've always loved the Silicon Scally albums the most, so check out Mr. Machine, Dark Matter, and Bioroid; Voice Stealer's The All Electric House is a crossover classic; under his own name, the Electrilogy+ compilation is a good place to start. All the CPU releases are absolutely essential from recent years. You'll get a good cross section by going through what he has on his Bandcamp from bottom to top.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

La la la la laa

Aphex

Autechre

Reznor/Ross/NIN

Underworld

Probably would be BOC if they released a bit more. TBH I think fifth place is up for grabs. Probably Squarepusher. I’ve always found that Warp Records serves up my electronic needs pretty much perfectly. Though I do stray from the path from time to time. 

• Like 1

My choices are as expected here as to not be worth mentioning... but you know who doesn't get enough love?  Funkstorung.  Everything they did that wasn't ruined by the wrong vocalist is absolutely top notch.  Their production chops were second to none.

• Confused 1