IGNORED

Nevermen - Treat Em Right (Boards of Canada Remix) [2021]

seaburn

I remember hating the vocal mix of the previous nevermen remix, this is somewhat more palatable. Fucking Mike Patton though. 
All in all just as boring as the fauxporwave cover art… mehhhh. 

Edited by user

6 hours ago, seaburn said:

Oops. Also, this new Nevermen remix dropped 1998 days after the last one. MHTRTC reference?

it baffles me that someone actually sat down and made this calculation, then associated with MHTRTC. if Nevermen had waited 23 more days to drop the remix the fans would be harvesting each other's organs as we speak.

• Haha 1

On 7/2/2021 at 5:44 PM, Dragon said:

it baffles me that someone actually sat down and made this calculation, then associated with MHTRTC. if Nevermen had waited 23 more days to drop the remix the fans would be harvesting each other's organs as we speak.

Also uses a sample from "Open the Light" from MHTRTC and has a very turquoise colored picture associated with the track.

• Like 1

I quite like it, it's got that spooky disco feel BoC sometimes have, in fact its basically Open The Light crossed with Aquarius but with Tomorrow's Harvest style production. Doseone's voice already feels familiar cause of the previous cLOUDEAD connection. 

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:10 AM, seaburn said:

Oops. Also, this new Nevermen remix dropped 1998 days after the last one. MHTRTC reference?

Could very well be considering this song samples Open The Light. This Nevermen album came out like five years ago. Why release a remix now? And on that date. Unless their hinting at something? This is the kind of shit that they do so you never know. 

Edited by Alzado

On 7/5/2021 at 3:04 PM, Alzado said:

Could very well be considering this song samples Open The Light. This Nevermen album came out like five years ago. Why release a remix now? And on that date. Unless their hinting at something? This is the kind of shit that they do so you never know. 

Just because the remix came out now, doesn't mean it was made recently - this could have been made ages ago, and just now Nevermen and BOC have decided to release it...

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Joyrex said:

Just because the remix came out now, doesn't mean it was made recently - this could have been made ages ago, and just now Nevermen and BOC have decided to release it...

Right. Been meaning to chime in on this. If you look at the Lex announcement about this, they are celebrating their twentieth anniversary with a steady release of remixes, starting with this one: https://lexrecords.com/products/treat-em-right-boc-remix/

It likely has nothing to do with some bullshit number that anyone with schizophrenia can tie together with some other random-ass date. 1998 days since something-or-other, I saw someone said. Nah. I mean, don’t get me wrong—those numbers-investigations are funny and seemingly encouraged by the artists themselves, but it’s just for fun, ffs. The release date appears to be more about Lex and less about BOC. Simpler explanations ceterus paribus, and all that. 

1 hour ago, Joyrex said:

Also, I would prefer an instrumental - the vocals aren't bad... just not my cup of tea shall we say...

I do like the vocals, in fact reminds me somehow of good friday one of my favs. Patton usually sings that way, and yet the instrumental is quite curious, isn't my favourite but still boc print there.

Perhaps followers of the Hexagon Sun were expecting something else, something more succulent and juicy than a very average remix? There seem to be some folks been doing a big old gay victory dance of the mythical BOCset and a new album. Then this comes out instead. Hahahah hahah hah ha…….?

20 minutes ago, beerwolf said:

Perhaps followers of the Hexagon Sun were expecting something else, something more succulent and juicy than a very average remix? There seem to be some folks been doing a big old gay victory dance of the mythical BOCset and a new album. Then this comes out instead. Hahahah hahah hah ha…….?

I want to believe

• Like 1