IGNORED

Third Shock / Gamma Proforma

dcom

GPR is one of my all time favourite labels and I've read from various sources that Third Shock was next in line on the release schedule, but the label folded with only Disrupt released on Digital Millennium (one of my biggest favourites off the compilation) - which was the last release on the label. There's a single track on Touchin' Bass's Rewire compilation (there was a Kickstarter for it including a streamable [and easily downloadable, 128 kbit] version of Mermaid One - which wasn't included in the release itself), Geometry Of Hope (alas - vinyl only), then there's Schedule One on CD on Gamma Proforma, Kindly Dad 12" on the short-lived Mutant Disco label ran by Beaumont Hannant and Richard Brown (there was just one other release on it, Laura Numans [no relation to Gary] Rabid/Damned) and the two digital only Third Shock releases on Gamma Proforma, Sampler and Mermaid/Manhole. I've asked directly from a couple of people related to Gamma Proforma, but haven't received a reply. Third Shock themselves are also an enigma, they've dropped off the grid completely and there's no information anywhere who they were.

Someone must have the Mermaid/Manhole digitals stashed somewhere - anyone? Mermaid One from the Rewire Kickstarter page sounds really interesting, so I would really, REALLY want to get my hands on the full release.

• 3 weeks later...
  • dcom locked this topic