IGNORED

Lone - Always Inside Your Head

interesting. a track with a female vocalist, and a 6min ambient, beat-less track as previews. definitely intrigued to hear the rest.

Never managed to get into Lone, tried a few times in the past but never hooked me in, but I constantly read high praise about him. I think I’ll try again when this new album drops. 

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Never managed to get into Lone, tried a few times in the past but never hooked me in, but I constantly read high praise about him. I think I’ll try again when this new album drops. 

I wasn't immediately hooked either. it was Galaxy Garden that finally made the light bulb go off for me. that IMO is his best. 

and I remember whenever Lemurian came out in 2008, it was met with rather lukewarm reception on here. the 2 main complaints were the awful album art, which resembled something like one of those year 2000 ibiza DJ comps. and that it fell into the "sounds like a BoC ripoff" camp, a la Tycho. thankfully Lemurian was re-released a few years back with new album art, which fit the summery, laid back, blazed out, instrumental hip-hop vibe that album is known for.

• Like 1

Underwhelmed by both of the singles that are listenable on bandcamp, which is sad because he’s one of my favorite artists.  Would’ve snagged that deluxe edition immediately if I dug either track.   Maybe I just have too high of expectations — I’m hoping that at least a couple of the songs will blow me away though.  

Otherwise, cheers to Matt on the release!  

On 7/16/2021 at 6:38 AM, lyst said:

Underwhelmed by both of the singles that are listenable on bandcamp, which is sad because he’s one of my favorite artists.  Would’ve snagged that deluxe edition immediately if I dug either track.   Maybe I just have too high of expectations — I’m hoping that at least a couple of the songs will blow me away though.  

Otherwise, cheers to Matt on the release!  

same

• 2 weeks later...

Bumping this…

In case you haven’t already been listening, Lone has been doing a monthly guest mix called Ancient Astronauts on Noods Radio the first Sunday of every month. If you don’t catch it live he’s been putting them up on his SoundCloud a day or two after. 

https://noodsradio.com

https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/PpEsHjYQDjTpSqMFA

Every mix so far has been so good. New one airs tomorrow 8pm UK time I think? 2pm where I’m at in the US.

Anyways, this mix series has been great if you want to pass some time waiting for his new album ?

Edited by Friendly Stranger
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
38 minutes ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

I like this new one a lot:

ohhhh ye, busted my ass out into the gooseflesh. I think I'll go ahead and preorder based on this one. What a tasty cover too.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I played this a couple of times today. Been a fan since Lemurian - somebody on here recommended it back in the day. Not totally blown away by this - lots of tracks just sound so similar to one another. Only the last track has any real, emotional resonance for me.

Good to see he's still releasing stuff though.

• Like 1