IGNORED

Lone - Always Inside Your Head

big fan of Lone. love how he changes up his style every album while retaining enough elements to let you know it's him. been listening to this album today and it's super pleasant. this seems like it was influenced by a period of a certain style of electronic music, like from '98-'01. the only thing IMO that detracts from the listening experience is the amount of reverb every track is soaked in. it definitely adds to the cohesiveness of the tracks, but is a little too noticeable, if you ask me. anyway, I get the feeling I will be replaying this quite a bit in the next coming weeks. 

• 2 weeks later...

this album is something else

Echo Paths, Realise, Undaunted, Inlove2 and Akoya are true masterpieces.

I never liked Lone that much. his last album started to make more sense and liked it. but this is crazy good.

Edited by Ayya Khema
  • Like 2

I sadly do not like one track on this release ?.   Echo Paths was the only one I semi - felt, but the woman’s voice kills it for me in the end.   Maybe just not my style of electronica?

Dig like 90% of other Lone though.  

• Like 1

The few tracks when they were previewed one at a time before the whole album came out didn't hit me so much, but listening to the whole album several times now I really rate it. This and his previous album Levitate are top notch IMO.

First listen impression: I find it hard to get excited for yet another 'slick produced ethereal female vocals album'. Four tets latest fell into the same trap for me. Moment by moment it's not bad per se, but it all starts to blend into lounge-cool-blandness.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, markedone said:

First listen impression: I find it hard to get excited for yet another 'slick produced ethereal female vocals album'. Four tets latest fell into the same trap for me. Moment by moment it's not bad per se, but it all starts to blend into lounge-cool-blandness.

Yeah this one didn't really work for me either. I prefer the stuff he does that has more bite.

4 hours ago, markedone said:

This was definitely my first impression too; the pair of tracks at both the beginning and end of the record fall into this trap a bit. I feel like maybe he set out using that new-agey ethereal ambience as inspiration, something to send up and give his 'twist' on it....but then just ended up sounding exactly like the thing he was trying to pastiche.

I still think the more upbeat tracks across the middle are up there with his best though....not anything particularly original, just doing a certain sound very very well. 

Overall, Galaxy Garden is easily his top album for me - it just sounds so much more distinctive and original than anything else I've heard by him. Always takes me to magical retro/futuristic rainforest rave...just like the cover art. 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

A bit annoying when a expanded edition is released so close to initial release, happened with a few FSOL releases recently as well. I will hold off buying releases for 6 months or more at this rate. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MDF said:

A bit annoying when a expanded edition is released so close to initial release, happened with a few FSOL releases recently as well. I will hold off buying releases for 6 months or more at this rate. 

Agreed. Not a fan of this trend.