22 minutes ago, usagi said:

god damn, that's beautiful. why didn't I think of that. *smooches Plum*

bumhole big

Edited by Plum

13 hours ago, iococoi said:

r/europe - An antivaxxer from yesterday's unofficial national protest against the green pass. Piazza del popolo, Rome.

Surely he could have shown Z as being the 26th letter and deriving the third 6 that way. If Pfizer were going for a satanic conspiracy angle they would surely want the 6's next to each other. What a dummy.

The local school board here just passed a mask mandate, defying our shitfuck Governor DeSantis. I was so worried about my nephew starting high school in this Florida clusterfuck.

• Like 4

On 8/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, Stickfigger said:

His body strangely tastes like stale crackers / bread

lol I saw this at the page break w/out context and was like... wth is going on in this thread?

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

The local school board here just passed a mask mandate, defying our shitfuck Governor DeSantis. I was so worried about my nephew starting high school in this Florida clusterfuck.

desantis is enjoying the press coverage.. good or bad.. he wants to be talked about 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/05/ron-desantis-florida-governor-covid-coronavirus

Ron DeSantis’s desire to keep state open amid Delta surge draws criticism from local leaders to the White House

Florida governor Ron DeSantis earned a new moniker this week as the resurgent coronavirus continued to wreak havoc on his state: the “Pied Piper of Covid-19, leading everybody off a cliff”.

7 hours ago, Blir said:

Surely he could have shown Z as being the 26th letter and deriving the third 6 that way. If Pfizer were going for a satanic conspiracy angle they would surely want the 6's next to each other. What a dummy.

I’ve been running the numbers since this morning, and weirdly it does appear to check out. 

9738F84E-4155-4140-B880-38FFA0EEECA5.thumb.jpeg.8ff7d7ba3da89adb2d15fdc8def6c881.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Burger 4
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

19 hours ago, ignatius said:

desantis is enjoying the press coverage.. good or bad.. he wants to be talked about 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/aug/05/ron-desantis-florida-governor-covid-coronavirus

Ron DeSantis’s desire to keep state open amid Delta surge draws criticism from local leaders to the White House

Florida governor Ron DeSantis earned a new moniker this week as the resurgent coronavirus continued to wreak havoc on his state: the “Pied Piper of Covid-19, leading everybody off a cliff”.

I feel like DeSantis is just trying his damnedest to appeal to the Trump base across the country so that he can make a run for the R pres. nomination.

It's sickening that the way he is choosing to get attention for this, by so publicly defying reasonable COVID mitigation measures, is going to flat out kill people.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, randomsummer said:

I feel like DeSantis is just trying his damnedest to appeal to the Trump base across the country so that he can make a run for the R pres. nomination.

Hitting the Nail on the Head | Trying my newly-built ...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, randomsummer said:

It's sickening that the way he is choosing to get attention for this, by so publicly defying reasonable COVID mitigation measures, is going to flat out kill people.

it really is some bizarro world variation of a negative feedback loop. it's like he's deliberately allowing his own voter base to get wiped out, which in turn will cost him votes. like in nature if the number of prey decrease, then predators will starve and their numbers will decrease.

• Like 1

every day there's a story about a covid denier, anti-vaxxer "it's all a hoax" person getting covid and dying. it's 'leopards ate my face' all day every day and could be its own thread. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ignatius said:

every day there's a story about a covid denier, anti-vaxxer "it's all a hoax" person getting covid and dying. 

you would think at some point this type of news story would have an effect on unvaccinated people, and they'd decide it makes sense to get vaccinated. but no... social media > news, and so many many more people are going to die needlessly because they won't take a shot, all completely avoidable deaths. 

41 minutes ago, zero said:

you would think at some point this type of news story would have an effect on unvaccinated people, and they'd decide it makes sense to get vaccinated. but no... social media > news, and so many many more people are going to die needlessly because they won't take a shot, all completely avoidable deaths. 

idk if this type of story that's doing it but vaccination rates saw a big uptick in the last few weeks. delta variant running amok is the trigger for some people i think

one of the other restaurants in town that’s owned by the same guy who own’s the one I work at is closed down bc two fully vaccinated servers tested positive for covid. we’re now back to the same employee precautions we had in effect last summer. however, we are not requiring guests to where masks which seems like just another half-baked implementation of safety measures. 

bizarre to me how people continue to pretend this is nothing to worry about. real consequences for regular working people are still happening, even with vaccinations. I’m puzzled by anyone suggesting they need to sit back and do nothing until all the facts are available for them to pursue in perfect scientific conditions. since I live in the real world, I simply cannot relate. 

• Like 5