6 minutes ago, luke viia said:

Don't get too comfy, folks

i'm still masking when i leave the house. seems about 60/40 in favor of maskers when i go to the store or whatever. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 3

lol #VaxtoVote trending on twitter rn. i do hope the people pushing this angle realize that the far more likely outcome of that would be the emergence of a number of American tearaway states & probably civil war eventually, rather than antivaxxers going "huh jeez well i better go get my jab, i wanna be able to vote for the lesser of two evils in three years"

Spoiler

i mean i'm not saying stop pushing it

20 minutes ago, Cryptowen said:

lol #VaxtoVote trending on twitter rn. i do hope the people pushing this angle realize that the far more likely outcome of that would be the emergence of a number of American tearaway states & probably civil war eventually, rather than antivaxxers going "huh jeez well i better go get my jab, i wanna be able to vote for the lesser of two evils in three years"

Reveal hidden contents

i mean i'm not saying stop pushing it

Yeah that’s such a bad idea to promote that I’m sure the macedonian troll farms will jump on it soon

14 hours ago, user said:

Yeah, but no, but yeah. The thing is that the Corona virus is real but it is not nearly as dangerous as they want you to think. They just took this opportunity to start mass social experiments and exercise further control over citizens. People have a blind believe in science and government which is enabled by the mainstream media that are all just mouthpieces of the government and policy makers. This is how they try to set us up against each other while we should be coming together and form a fist against our tyrants. But because science has become faith the people that adhere to it are like religious fanatics which is making it difficult to have them see the error of their ways. Science has been wrong so many times so it’s obviously flawed and things in general are not as great as they could be which means that we’re being exploited and things would be so much better if we overthrow the current system and install a new system that is actually democratic and we all constantly are involved in policy making through the way of referenda. We will simply get the information we need to make informed decisions from the internet, so we can bypass the evil mainstream media and get quality info from people who have only our best interest in mind. The other scientists all have mixed interests or are being manipulated, but this diffuse group of people that is made up of anonymous sources, random internet posters and old white emiratis posting their monetised news/talk shows from the dining kitchen of their idyllically situated renovated farm will show the way. If you’re interested I can show you some YouTube videos and you too can know the definite answer to everything instead of being one of those stupid bumbling idiots that keeps changing their mind based on false new information. Seriously, they are just trying to cause panic, don’t listen to these evil blood drinking devil worshippers that try to manipulate and control us. Everything is fine, we can basically keep the status quo as long as we vote the right people into office to overthrow the malicious elite that is exploiting us and we can all just go back to our daily jobs and normal lives the way we’re used to.   

This is basically what I’ve been able to distill from hours and hours of irl conversations with people that have “woken up” over the last year or so. 

there is a smooth gradient between the start of this post and the end of it that is exactly like the meme of the guy putting on clown makeup. 10/10 execution.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, luke viia said:

Got word yesterday that one of my coworkers, who was vaccinated over a month ago, tested positive after being in contact with a family member - also vaccinated - who was not aware they were infected. 

This follows news I got about a month ago that one of my cousins, a healthcare worker (at an assisted-living facility), tested positive despite being vaccinated AND having already caught covid last October. He said this second infection was worse. Thankfully the illness subsided about a week after he tested positive. 

Don't get too comfy, folks ?

Right, but by themselves "testing positive" and "not aware they were infected" are not a problem. It's the "ending up in the hospital" that vaccines need to prevent - and they do, except in the elderly and the very sick.

If they keep doing that at this level they make COVID-19 about as manageable as the flu, which isn't great but which up until now we seem to have decided was a-ok.

Without vaccines excess mortality during the first wave in 2020 was about twice as high as it was during the - very severe - influenza epidemic of 2018 (figures and graphs here: https://www.cbs.nl/nl-nl/visualisaties/welvaart-in-coronatijd/gezondheid-in-coronatijd - in Dutch as CBS is the Dutch Central Bureau of Statistics). So even the lousiest vaccines like the Sinovac one with its fficacy of around 50%, are actually pretty useful.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, luke viia said:

Got word yesterday that one of my coworkers, who was vaccinated over a month ago, tested positive after being in contact with a family member - also vaccinated - who was not aware they were infected. 

This follows news I got about a month ago that one of my cousins, a healthcare worker (at an assisted-living facility), tested positive despite being vaccinated AND having already caught covid last October. He said this second infection was worse. Thankfully the illness subsided about a week after he tested positive. 

Don't get too comfy, folks ?

checkmate, pro-vaxxers.

I was not in any way criticizing vaccines, fyi.

@rhmilo on a personal level it is still a "problem" that these people are catching covid. My cousin was legit bedridden and scared. It sucks. 

I'm not trying to make some bigger point

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, luke viia said:

I was not in any way criticizing vaccines, fyi.

Don't worry, didn't think you were.

8 minutes ago, luke viia said:

@rhmilo on a personal level it is still a "problem" that these people are catching covid. My cousin was legit bedridden and scared. It sucks. 

Bedridden sucks, but in the end is just an annoyance. One would hope that at some point in the very near future there'll have been enough COVID going around that not everyone who encounters it ends up in bed, the way not everyone who encounters an influenza virus ends up with a fever for a week.

The scared part is because we've been living in fear for over a year and a half. I understand perfectly that your cousin would be scared catching COVID right now but hopefully at some point in the, again, very near future we'll all learn to live with this disease.

Incoming oh so predictable "4th wave" and more lockdowns, surprised that this is a surprise to anyone at this point.

Covid must be some alien virus coz it don't act like any virus we've known before.. It's also had this very unique ability to turn science on its head.. incredible!

Happy to have my natural immunity and my good health that I've worked so hard for, it allows me to live my life not in fear of whatever the next inevitable variants is that comes our way.. I'd happily sign a waver that I wont use the NHS ever again if it meant that I could be left alone and also not need to pay tax for things I'm no longer allowed access to.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 5

We know a couple people who have gotten covid after being fully vaccinated. It’s scary. I guess delta is extremely contagious because it stays in your mouth and nose for a while before moving into your respiratory system. This means people can catch and spread it easier before experiencing  typical covid symptoms, I guess. Wear those masks, y’all. 
Although I have been incredibly careful about masking, distancing, etc, my wife and I have occasionally eaten outdoors since being fully vaccinated (but definitely not before). Tonight, we took the baby (not old enough for a vaccine but getting some antibodies from breast feeding) to a outdoor brewery for an early dinner. There were tons of people in large groups without masks. A dude with what seemed to be his extended family had his 2 clearly-way-too-young-to-be-vaccinated kids with him and at some point we started chatting small talk from a distance (picnic tables about 8-10 feet away from each other) about our babies. Nothing too uncomfortable except for when he picked up a toy our baby dropped from the chair she was strapped into and handed it to her but I reached in and grabbed it and he stepped away.
When we were getting ready to leave I strapped the baby in the stroller and got up to throw out some trash but when I turned around to return to the table the dad and his 2 kids were gathered closely around the stroller and both of his kids had hands on the baby. The unmasked dad was kneeling within 2 feet of the baby telling his two kids to “kiss the baby” and my wife was just letting this happen. I rushed over and pulled the stroller away and said “I’m sorry but we are being very careful because of covid”. It was super awkward and my wife later told me that she just froze and that’s why she didn’t pull the baby away. We actually got in a bit of a fight about it. FYI, we live in an area of the city with one of the consistently highest case counts, practically double the average. This made me feel like I shouldn’t even be going to outdoor restaurants until at least the baby is vaccinated. 
This shit is maddening. 

Edited by J3FF3R00
  • Like 4

We're passing the 5th wave and still lobotomized ppl supporting the circus, is just unreal.

Here a 11 y.o. died after receiving the jab, how this f*king nazis are doing this shit? It's a genocide and you'll see it next years.

Edited by Diurn
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 10

46 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

We know a couple people who have gotten covid after being fully vaccinated. It’s scary. I guess delta is extremely contagious because it stays in your mouth and nose for a while before moving into your respiratory system. This means people can catch and spread it easier before experiencing  typical covid symptoms, I guess. Wear those masks, y’all. 
Although I have been incredibly careful about masking, distancing, etc, my wife and I have occasionally eaten outdoors since being fully vaccinated (but definitely not before). Tonight, we took the baby (not old enough for a vaccine but getting some antibodies from breast feeding) to a outdoor brewery for an early dinner. There were tons of people in large groups without masks. A dude with what seemed to be his extended family had his 2 clearly-way-too-young-to-be-vaccinated kids with him and at some point we started chatting small talk from a distance (picnic tables about 8-10 feet away from each other) about our babies. Nothing too uncomfortable except for when he picked up a toy our baby dropped from the chair she was strapped into and handed it to her but I reached in and grabbed it and he stepped away.
When we were getting ready to leave I strapped the baby in the stroller and got up to throw out some trash but  and when I turned around to return to the table the dad and his 2 kids were gathered closely around the stroller and both of his kids had hands on the baby. The unmasked dad was kneeling within 2 feet of the baby telling his two kids to “kiss the baby” and my wife was just letting this happen. I rushed over and pulled the stroller away and said “I’m sorry but we are being very careful because of covid”. It was super awkward and my wife later told me that she just froze and that’s why she didn’t pull the baby away. We actually got in a bit of a fight about it later. FYI, we live in an area of the city with one of the consistently highest case counts, practically double the average. This made me feel like I shouldn’t even be going to outdoor restaurants until at least the baby is vaccinated. 
This shit is maddening. 

better safe than sorry.

• Burger 1

There was a CDC presentation leaked recently which talked about the new delta variant. And amongst other things, the effect of being vaccinated. Essentially, the main idea is that vaccines are still the number one solution to prevent the pandemic to get worse. But given delta, it will be more difficult to get this message across, as vaccinated people can still get covid (still 8 times less likely than unvaccinated). And when they get it, they can spread it just like unvaccinated people. But the time they can spread it is roughly half the time compared to people who are not vaccinated. Or, in other words, it's still important to get vaccinated, but it will be harder to convince people to get vaccinated (because of more people who are vaccinated risking getting covid anyways). I've read a couple of articles saying this delta variant might be a game changer. 

The document outlines “communication challenges” fueled by cases in vaccinated people, including concerns from local health departments about whether coronavirus vaccines remain effective and a “public convinced vaccines no longer work/booster doses needed.”

The presentation highlights the daunting task the CDC faces. It must continue to emphasize the proven efficacy of the vaccines at preventing severe illness and death while acknowledging milder breakthrough infections may not be so rare after all, and that vaccinated individuals are transmitting the virus. The agency must move the goal posts of success in full public view.

The document presents new science but also suggests a new strategy is needed on communication, noting that public trust in vaccines may be undermined when people experience or hear about breakthrough cases, especially after public health officials have described them as rare.

Matthew Seeger, a risk communication expert at Wayne State University in Detroit, said a lack of communication about breakthrough infections has proved problematic. Because public health officials had emphasized the great efficacy of the vaccines, the realization that they aren’t perfect may feel like a betrayal.

(source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2021/07/29/cdc-mask-guidance/)

(document: https://www.washingtonpost.com/context/cdc-breakthrough-infections/94390e3a-5e45-44a5-ac40-2744e4e25f2e/)

Edited by Satans Little Helper

21 hours ago, user said:

Yeah, but no, but yeah. The thing is that the Corona virus is real but it is not nearly as dangerous as they want you to think. They just took this opportunity to start mass social experiments and exercise further control over citizens. People have a blind believe in science and government which is enabled by the mainstream media that are all just mouthpieces of the government and policy makers. This is how they try to set us up against each other while we should be coming together and form a fist against our tyrants. But because science has become faith the people that adhere to it are like religious fanatics which is making it difficult to have them see the error of their ways. Science has been wrong so many times so it’s obviously flawed and things in general are not as great as they could be which means that we’re being exploited and things would be so much better if we overthrow the current system and install a new system that is actually democratic and we all constantly are involved in policy making through the way of referenda. We will simply get the information we need to make informed decisions from the internet, so we can bypass the evil mainstream media and get quality info from people who have only our best interest in mind. The other scientists all have mixed interests or are being manipulated, but this diffuse group of people that is made up of anonymous sources, random internet posters and old white emiratis posting their monetised news/talk shows from the dining kitchen of their idyllically situated renovated farm will show the way. If you’re interested I can show you some YouTube videos and you too can know the definite answer to everything instead of being one of those stupid bumbling idiots that keeps changing their mind based on false new information. Seriously, they are just trying to cause panic, don’t listen to these evil blood drinking devil worshippers that try to manipulate and control us. Everything is fine, we can basically keep the status quo as long as we vote the right people into office to overthrow the malicious elite that is exploiting us and we can all just go back to our daily jobs and normal lives the way we’re used to.   

This is basically what I’ve been able to distill from hours and hours of irl conversations with people that have “woken up” over the last year or so. 

NGL, had us in the first 98%…

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, usagi said:

I don't want Jesus Christ our Lord's stinky antibody.

Does Jesus even have a body? Surely he’s some corporeal entity. 

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/news/227713/coronavirus-infections-three-times-lower-double/

These results from the Imperial-led REACT-1 study, a major coronavirus monitoring programme, are based on swab tests taken by almost 100,000 people in England between 24 June and 12 July.

[...]

The study’s analyses of PCR test results also suggest that fully vaccinated people may be less likely than unvaccinated people to pass the virus on to others, due to having a smaller viral load on average and therefore likely shedding less virus.

[...]

Based on these data, the researchers estimate that fully vaccinated people in this testing round had between around 50% to 60% reduced risk of infection, including asymptomatic infection, compared to unvaccinated people.

In addition, double vaccinated people were less likely than unvaccinated people to test positive after coming into contact with someone who had COVID-19 (3.84% vs 7.23%).

Professor Steven Riley, Professor of Infectious Disease Dynamics at Imperial, said: “The Delta variant is known to be highly infectious, and as a result we can see from our data and others’ that breakthrough infections are happening in fully vaccinated people. We need to better understand how infectious fully vaccinated people who become infected are, as this will help to better predict the situation in the coming months, and our findings are contributing to a more comprehensive picture of this."