6 minutes ago, usagi said:

wat

you're being ironicalist, right

yeah man. wanted to note that (A) it's not only the US being targetted and (B) what country has a clean history?

the logic of the excuse crumbles.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, usagi said:

ironicalist

ironiclaatist.

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

[clutches pearls] well, i never! (gasp)

I totally read that in Lindsey Graham's voice. Sorry.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, very honest said:

thank you guys for making excuses for putin. that's awesome.

yeah fuck me because of the bushes

haha excuses for Putin doing what, exactly? spreading disinformationzia or whatever? this is how the world works, this is not new or uniquely nefarious, and it is practiced by the American ruling class upon its own people, as well as upon other countries all the time. 

the us liberal media pretending this is some uniquely bad shit Putin is getting up to us hypocritical and honestly it’s just more of them covering their asses after 2016 - if Putin is to blame then we don’t have to reckon with how broken this country really is. 

honestly ask yourself this: if elections can be manipulation via social media, don’t you think the United States would be investing some major resources into doing this? the US simply loves meddling with elections, my guy. It’s one of our nation’s great pastimes by now. 

3 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

haha excuses for Putin doing what, exactly? spreading disinformationzia or whatever? this is how the world works, this is not new or uniquely nefarious, and it is practiced by the American ruling class upon its own people, as well as upon other countries all the time. 

the us liberal media pretending this is some uniquely bad shit Putin is getting up to us hypocritical and honestly it’s just more of them covering their asses after 2016 - if Putin is to blame then we don’t have to reckon with how broken this country really is. 

honestly ask yourself this: if elections can be manipulation via social media, don’t you think the United States would be investing some major resources into doing this? the US simply loves meddling with elections, my guy. It’s one of our nation’s great pastimes by now. 

russian disinfo operations are significantly different than those of other states, and maybe the worst in the world by a lot. the article i link on the previous page gets into that.

you seem set on just excusing russian disinfo operations which are destabilizing democracy and worsening the pandemic. i don't need to convert you today.

also no it's not the same as it's always been. the masses didn't show up online until like 2008, with social shit and smart phones. we are rapidly evolving through chaotic changes in the information ecosystem. for example, we just had the first attempted self coup in american history. LARGELY fucking fueled by that greedy oil despot.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, very honest said:

russian disinfo operations are significantly different than those of other states, and maybe the worst in the world by a lot. the article i link on the previous page gets into that.

you seem set on just excusing russian disinfo operations which are destabilizing democracy and worsening the pandemic. i don't need to convert you today.

also no it's not the same as it's always been. the masses didn't show up online until like 2008, with social shit and smart phones. we are rapidly evolving through chaotic changes in the information ecosystem. for example, we just had the first attempted self coup in american history. LARGELY fucking fueled by that greedy oil despot.

tbh I do think it’s kinda funny how the article you posted is basically accusing Russia of stuff the US does as daily practice (spreading bullshit to its population via the media) but this is bad bc only the US is allowed to do this to its own people? Obviously not. but cnn cannot conduct a serious examination into the disastrous effects of the media on the minds of the people, that would be bad for the advertisers. 

17 minutes ago, very honest said:

also, this is not true. the article you posted does not demonstrate this. yeah sure, it says russia is very bad but it provides no analysis of what they're actually doing at all. it's honestly all vague, general statements. in fact, if you just replaced "Russia" with "Fox" i don't think even the wording of any of the examples would need to be changed. then they bring up china and iran (lol amazing. stunning reportage) 

like, i'm all for getting into what's going on with russia. i wanna see what those freaks are getting up to. but i want to actually see what they're doing, none of this "sources say," a "spokesperson says" shit. and i want this to be examined alongside what the us is doing across the globe. and us allies as well. and i also wanna see these liberal media outlets examine the practices of their own corporations on hearts and minds and be honest about their role in serving the interests of the ruling class. 

but yet another article that's just generic statements about how russia is really going wild spreading disinfo - not cutting it for me, man. sorry.

18 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

tbh I do think it’s kinda funny how the article you posted is basically accusing Russia of stuff the US does as daily practice (spreading bullshit to its population via the media) but this is bad bc only the US is allowed to do this to its own people? Obviously not. but cnn cannot conduct a serious examination into the disastrous effects of the media on the minds of the people, that would be bad for the advertisers. 

dude... in the states we suffer from the challenge of media being exceptionally free from government encroachment. for example: fox news literally caused the deaths of hundreds of thousands, but we have to let them get away with it. you seem to be suggesting government control of media??? what??? get your hands out of your ass alco. 

7 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

also, this is not true. the article you posted does not demonstrate this. yeah sure, it says russia is very bad but it provides no analysis of what they're actually doing at all. it's honestly all vague, general statements. in fact, if you just replaced "Russia" with "Fox" i don't think even the wording of any of the examples would need to be changed. then they bring up china and iran (lol amazing. stunning reportage) 

like, i'm all for getting into what's going on with russia. i wanna see what those freaks are getting up to. but i want to actually see what they're doing, none of this "sources say," a "spokesperson says" shit. and i want this to be examined alongside what the us is doing across the globe. and us allies as well. and i also wanna see these liberal media outlets examine the practices of their own corporations on hearts and minds and be honest about their role in serving the interests of the ruling class. 

but yet another article that's just generic statements about how russia is really going wild spreading disinfo - not cutting it for me, man. sorry.

the article "gets into" the topic of comparing russian disinfo to other state actors like china and iran, as i said.

fox is also a problem, but why are you making excuse for russia fucking with my country and worsening a pandemic? 

i'm sorry you wish the article had more information. it's not supposed to be all the information.

your shit is garbage. stop.

"liberal media outlets" gtfo with that shit. that's what fox calls actual journalism

I actually don’t even know what you’re saying here. 

the US media is too free? interesting!

i have noticed that for several years now liberals have this thing where they single out Russia as being especially nefarious and bad. they share articles that are all hearsay and supported by bold claims by unidentified government/intelligence sources, usually without any evidence whatsoever. and whenever people push back against this extremely weak form of geo-political reporting they are met with shit like “Putin stooge” (admittedly this epithet has gone somewhat out of fashion, but a form of it is on display itt rn), “whataboutism,” etc. 

liberal news outlets have been buttering their bread with anti-Russian propaganda for a while now. One might say, echoing the cnn article, they “never stopped” doing this since the Cold War. Articles like the one you share are just more fodder  there’s nothing in it 

5 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

top lel.

Lmfao

2 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

the US media is too free? interesting!

yes, glad you find it interesting. it takes big civil suits to get alex jones or fox to change behavior on the junk they pedal, because the 1st amendment wisely keeps the press out of reach from government control. this means that things that are REALLY criminal fraud are allowed to happen because they hide behind claiming to be part of the press.

6 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

i have noticed that for several years now liberals have this thing where they single out Russia as being especially nefarious and bad. they share articles that are all hearsay and supported by bold claims by unidentified government/intelligence sources, usually without any evidence whatsoever. and whenever people push back against this extremely weak form of geo-political reporting they are met with shit like “Putin stooge” (admittedly this epithet has gone somewhat out of fashion, but a form of it is on display itt rn), “whataboutism,” etc. 

liberal news outlets have been buttering their bread with anti-Russian propaganda for a while now. One might say, echoing the cnn article, they “never stopped” doing this since the Cold War. Articles like the one you share are just more fodder  there’s nothing in it 

yeah man you're literally helping the liars get away with their heinous crimes, here. you're duped and coopted. from the point of view of people like me, it is an amazing thing to behold, to see people like you just utterly taken in and helping the deceivers. fox pushes the lie that russian interference was made up by "liberal media" and russia itself pushes that lie in disguised accounts to americans they manipulate. here's part 2 of the bipartisan (republican led) senate intel report on their investigation into connections between trump campaign and russia. it details sweeping russian intel operations. https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume2.pdf

image.png.e632dfb5b4b10a5b85efed4c7225ab54.png

you scoff at it, you're helping the russian military fuck up my country. fuck you man. you've been had. and your autechre reviews all sucked fucking ass

• Haha 1
  • Burger 1

29 minutes ago, very honest said:

yes, glad you find it interesting. it takes big civil suits to get alex jones or fox to change behavior on the junk they pedal, because the 1st amendment wisely keeps the press out of reach from government control. this means that things that are REALLY criminal fraud are allowed to happen because they hide behind claiming to be part of the press.

yeah man you're literally helping the liars get away with their heinous crimes, here. you're duped and coopted. from the point of view of people like me, it is an amazing thing to behold, to see people like you just utterly taken in and helping the deceivers. fox pushes the lie that russian interference was made up by "liberal media" and russia itself pushes that lie in disguised accounts to americans they manipulate. here's part 2 of the bipartisan (republican led) senate intel report on their investigation into connections between trump campaign and russia. it details sweeping russian intel operations. https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume2.pdf

image.png.e632dfb5b4b10a5b85efed4c7225ab54.png

you scoff at it, you're helping the russian military fuck up my country. fuck you man. you've been had. and your autechre reviews all sucked fucking ass

As far as media, parody is also protected speech, unlike some other countries where making fun of your leaders might get you punished.

1 hour ago, very honest said:

relax your tits, you're not going to be bowing to Comrade Putin anytime soon. the Russian threat is real but it's not the only threat, or the biggest one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, usagi said:

relax your tits, you're not going to be bowing to Comrade Putin anytime soon. the Russian threat is real but it's not the only threat, or the biggest one.

i think it is important to not speak to people with anger, and i hope alco doesn't feel too bad. there are exceptions to that rule, though they are rare. like: in war, or when people are dying. the zeitgeist is far from where it needs to be, and conversations like this can serve to advance the public discussion. 

frankly, the efforts in the us to avert a successfull coup were mammoth, herculean, and spanned numerous fronts. i'm talking about JOURNALISTS, civil servants, activists, and citizens going all out. and we squeaked by. 

it's hard to measure and quantify the prevalence and influence of disinfo. to those who follow the topic, it is possible to know with high confidence that there is extensive nation-state disinfo going on. russia appears to be the big actor on this front. 

disinfo from russia and other countries combine with other deception operations, like fox. it's this combination which has utterly pulled the rug out from consensus in america.

it's hard for people to know what's true, at the macro scale. this has been the case since before the internet. the internet introduced new ways to exploit that weakness, though.

the way i see it, we're 1 variant away from civilizational collapse. people need to wake up to who is doing the deceiving, who is careless, how to be careful, and how to recognize responsible journalistic practice.

many journalists covering the disinfo beat do stellar work. there is much scientific research on influence campaigns. bellingcat, first draft, and graphika do good stuff.

Edited by very honest
  • Like 1