There was some healthy discussion happening before but you really pushed it too far with alco's autechre reviews tbh. Mods pls ban.

fwiw alco, I called whataboutism bc deflecting criticism from Russia (specifically Russia) with "but ______ does it too" is the literal origin of the tactic called whataboutism, lol. The cold war era Ruskies, God bless their pinko hearts, made it the potato of political discourse, because it's quite effective (and fun), but is technically (*dons Braintree's fedora*) a logical fallacy. Soo twas nothing personal, but ya gotta admit, countering a news story about Russian disinfo / meddling (which is not in dispute) with "why all the focus on Putin? America does it too" is some hall of fame whataboutismingism. A+ imo

I do get what you're saying though and cannot disagree that the US govt and those of many other countries are also terrible dicks flopping on the face of the proletariat - as a dork once said, fuck amerikkka

Edited by luke viia
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, luke viia said:

fwiw alco, I called whataboutism bc deflecting criticism from Russia (specifically Russia) with "but ______ does it too" is the literal origin of the tactic called whataboutism, lol. The cold war era Ruskies, God bless their pinko hearts, made it the potato of political discourse, because it's quite effective (and fun), but is technically (*dons Braintree's fedora*) a logical fallacy. Soo twas nothing personal, but ya gotta admit, countering a news story about Russian disinfo / meddling (which is not in dispute) with "why all the focus on Putin? America does it too" is some hall of fame whataboutismingism. A+ imo

I do get what you're saying though and cannot disagree that the US govt and those of many other countries are also terrible dicks flopping on the face of the proletariat - as a dork once said, fuck amerikkka

I guess? Its just a bit spider man meme to me

1 hour ago, usagi said:

whenever I see someone say this, this plays in my mind:

Reality TV before it was scripted?

Anyways, Bob Sagat getting ripped to shreds by Norm MacDonald

7 hours ago, Nebraska said:

conversation between two different parties concerning NOT covid-19 and the vaccination

Holy f*ck, what an annoying piece of sh*t.
And he even proudly put this video online.
They were just chilling, minding their own business, and then some dipsh*t delusional a**hole comes bothering you.
They even answered his questions calmly and rationally.

• Like 1

totally. first i thought he might just be doing a devils advocat kinda schtick, it would even make more sense if it was little piece of satire where they're all in on it, something the guy here seems oblivious to. 

^ that guy is deranged, as is immediately apparent from a cursory look at his channel.

1 hour ago, chenGOD said:

Reality TV before it was scripted?

Anyways, Bob Sagat getting ripped to shreds by Norm MacDonald

I remember that being told Bob Saget (sidenote: Bob *aget, we'd always chuckle about at school) had a bit of a blue streak as a comedian was one of the first times little me realised there was more to entertainers than their veneer in a given role. how far we've come from mailing vhs tape recordings of random shit to be compiled and aired on national tv.

• Big Brain 1

1 hour ago, MaartenVC said:

Holy f*ck, what an annoying piece of sh*t.
And he even proudly put this video online.
They were just chilling, minding their own business, and then some dipsh*t delusional a**hole comes bothering you.
They even answered his questions calmly and rationally.

You know WATMM isn't PG-13 right?

7 hours ago, usagi said:

^ that guy is deranged, as is immediately apparent from a cursory look at his channel.

I remember that being told Bob Saget (sidenote: Bob *aget, we'd always chuckle about at school) had a bit of a blue streak as a comedian was one of the first times little me realised there was more to entertainers than their veneer in a given role. how far we've come from mailing vhs tape recordings of random shit to be compiled and aired on national tv.

all these people need psychotherapist guided LSD sessions. 

Cases going up here...

People ending in the hospital are mostly unvaccinated...

Get your shot people. Delta is super contagious. Legit scared for my friends and family members that still dont want the vaccine.

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

On 8/14/2021 at 4:52 AM, usagi said:

A9454D40-10FF-439D-973C-D0074ED6F2DB.jpeg

What the actual F, anti-vaxxers physically fighting with counter-protesters, people getting beat up and even stabbed in Los Angeles over pandemic safety issues. I'm flabbergasted, USA is a barbarous tribal society where violence prevails over reason in everything.

Edited by dcom

2 hours ago, dcom said:

What the actual F, anti-vaxxers physically fighting with counter-protesters, people getting beat up and even stabbed in Los Angeles over pandemic safety issues. I'm flabbergasted, USA is a barbarous tribal society where violence prevails over reason in everything.

Reason? You think this lack of civility is a result of lack of reasoning? This is FEAR, and both sides of the argument are guilty of playing into it’s hands.  There has been little civil discourse around this topic, and you need look no further than this msgboard for evidence. I’ve been mocked, ridiculed, and called stupid for attempting to be critical of our response to this situation, and this surely isn’t an isolated phenomenon.  You want civility? Start with yourself.

• Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Burger 1

antifa and the antivax/proudboy people are going to square off.. it's half the fun for them.  the drama fills the void in their lives and for some it supports their toxic egos. 

40 minutes ago, Claudius t Ansuulim said:

Reason? You think this lack of civility is a result of lack of reasoning? This is FEAR, and both sides of the argument are guilty of playing into it’s hands.  There has been little civil discourse around this topic, and you need look no further than this msgboard for evidence. I’ve been mocked, ridiculed, and called stupid for attempting to be critical of our response to this situation, and this surely isn’t an isolated phenomenon.  You want civility? Start with yourself.

no, you have been ridiculed precisely for what you are saying. you’re not being ridiculed for “attempting to be critical.” 

this is a standard position of reactionaries - you cannot remain within a stabled, well-reasoned argument; you instead shift into this persona of victimized truth teller who is irrationally attacked for daring to speak out against the sheeple. 

I’ve seen plenty of people on here argue against your comments in a totally normal, civil way. you typically just drop a bunch of bold claims and then drop out of the discussion only to reappear as a persecuted skeptic.

if you have the goods, deliver them. we’re all ears.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Claudius t Ansuulim said:

It looks like you're condoning or even supportive of willful, wanton violence towards people who disagree with you because your ego has been bruised on this particular discussion forum you refer to, and respond to a general post that has literally nothing to do with you with a description of personal rhetorical injury because you're in a subject matter minority. That's laying it quite thick, but thank you, I aim to please.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 5